Home Non Cigar Related

E-reader Nook for $99 at Woot

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
http://www.woot.com/ For anyone interested, Woot is selling them today

Comments

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I thought about it. I am a woot addict. I check it like 3-4 times a day.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got a Nook and I love it. Damn thing is so convenient and takes up a lot less shelf space than actual books if you read a lot.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good find. I need to start checking this Woot website.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This is kind of funny since B&N makes the Nook and Woot is owned by Amazon.com the maker of Kindle...just an observation.

Woot is fun and sometimes has good items. The shirt.woot.com is sometimes clever also.
    jsnake:
    Good find. I need to start checking this Woot website.
    Just got a keggerator for 188$ shipped. Sold out already though
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Wait, what? I checked this morning, and there was just that crappy toolset. DAMMIT!!
    got to check the other deals and the fresh deals not just the popular ones. http://www.secondipity.com/Keggermeister_KM2800BK_Single-Tap_Beer_Refrigerator/dp/B003E47FDY keep eye on it they sold out once already it might come back.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    thanks!!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    got to check the other deals and the fresh deals not just the popular ones. http://www.secondipity.com/Keggermeister_KM2800BK_Single-Tap_Beer_Refrigerator/dp/B003E47FDY keep eye on it they sold out once already it might come back.
    I really wish I had been able to get this deal! I've been looking for a reasonably priced keg cooler for a while now. I'm thinking I can probably find a decent used one when I get to Austin. I gotta have one of these for when I start up the home brew!
    My Keggerator came today can't wait to get home and get her in the man cave. Getting the keg on wednesdays Blue moon white ale to break her in.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Two for one assitance post!

Anyone looking into kegerators hit me up. I converted an old fridge into one so have some experience if you need tips. I still have the equipment (put it up here for trade awhile ago but no dice) if anyone needs parts. Heck I still have the fridge if anyone's local and has a truck ;)

Second: Nooks are great, my wife has one. What sucks is B&N's tech support. If they can't fix it PM me. I was to the point they wanted to replace mine and just fixed it myself instead.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    My Keggerator came today can't wait to get home and get her in the man cave. Getting the keg on wednesdays Blue moon white ale to break her in.
    That is cool. Nice grab. You should post a pic when it is set up. I am not a big beer fan but my uncle makes his own and I like that. I need to start experimenting with microbrews. He has one of these and every man should.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    So is the computer that's on woot any good or a complete waste of time?
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    So is the computer that's on woot any good or a complete waste of time?
    It wouldve been if it was refurb. I dont trust refurb.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    I guess I'm a purest when it comes to reading. I like books, the smell of books, turning pages, etc. I've thought about an e-reader, but just can't bring myself to buying one yet. Besides, I already have about 5000 books on my bookshelves
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the subject of an e-reader (whick I LOVE my Nook Color by the way) if you go to wine.woot.com they have a survey about a spin-off woot; one of the choices is beer.woot. In almost 300 entries beer.woot has just of 50% of the voting. If all you wooters and beer drinkers log in and vote maybe we can make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
    bandyt09:
    Off the subject of an e-reader (whick I LOVE my Nook Color by the way) if you go to wine.woot.com they have a survey about a spin-off woot; one of the choices is beer.woot. In almost 300 entries beer.woot has just of 50% of the voting. If all you wooters and beer drinkers log in and vote maybe we can make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
    You had me at beer. Created an account just to vote lol.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    bandyt09:
    I knew I would, LOL.
    bandyt09:
    JSaint:
    bandyt09:
    I knew I would, LOL.
    Haha!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    its good to know that im not the only wooter here, the other day they had "refurbished" business class dell pc's that were a good deal straight from the sellers mouth said that they were open box and a few months old thus couldnt be sold as new. im looking into getting a refurb Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (http://www.buy.com/prod/ibm-lenovo-thinkpad-r400-intel-core-2-duo-2200-mhz-160gig-hdd-2048mb/228694305.html?listingid=204699618&&) ive heard good things about the lenovo refurbs and my sister loved her old t series thinkpad.