Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Neighbors

Ok, does anyone hate it when neighbors park their car in front of your house when they have plenty of space in their driveway? This drives me insane! I would never park my car in front of someones house. Am I crazy? HA!

Comments

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I actually have a neighbor that lives diagonal across the street from me park his mercedes suv in front of my house and right at the exact end of the neighbors driveway that is directly across from me because its all young kids there that come and go and he does it intentionally so that one of them will hit his car . It drives me nuts he has a long driveway and a smaller parking spot right across from the end of his driveway that he never uses.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    My last house was a really neat looking stucco tudor style home. No cracks, fresh paint, new driveway, new cut glass windows, manacured yard, neat as a pin. The renter across the street would park his rusted yellow K car in front of my house....drove me nuts.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    YES, the dude that lives across from me always parks his benz, or his vette in front of my house so he can have his two driveways free to work on his other POS cars.
    Not only that the freaking guy that lives next door to him parks his F'n Yacht on the street. The street is only wide enough for two cars but with his damn boat it narrows the street down to a single lane, and it's on a curve.

Sorry selfish people piss me off.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Holy hell. My neighbor back in MS wouldn't park his damn cars in his garage so that his stupid kids could *** around in there. Nooo. He parks both his SUVs on the street...right next to the subdivision entrance, making it a one lane street. I'm surprised that there weren't more car crashes.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    YES, the dude that lives across from me always parks his benz, or his vette in front of my house so he can have his two driveways free to work on his other POS cars.
    Not only that the freaking guy that lives next door to him parks his F'n Yacht on the street. The street is only wide enough for two cars but with his damn boat it narrows the street down to a single lane, and it's on a curve.

buy a $200 beater, drive it down the road only to hit one of the above monstrosities.... make sure you have no insurance when you do it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:

buy a $200 beater, drive it down the road only to hit one of the above monstrosities.... make sure you have no insurance when you do it.
    The problem is they can seen my house... they know where I live. *sigh*

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I was becoming a grumpy old man but yes this makes me angry. Especially when the neighbors have friends over and they pull too far off the curb and into my grass. Seems they like to throw their cigarette butts all over too. This only happens occasionally but it does annoy me.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm thinking sprinklers that are just slightly misaligned might be a good solution here. Mostly for the folks that have nicer things parked in front of their houses.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I had a car towed a few weeks ago because of this.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I thought I was becoming a grumpy old man but yes this makes me angry. Especially when the neighbors have friends over and they pull too far off the curb and into my grass. Seems they like to throw their cigarette butts all over too. This only happens occasionally but it does annoy me.
    that sucks, you could just knife the tires. My best friend had the same problem until he did that. Sure there was more damage to the grass however he got the good end of it. He put a note on the car saying he slashed the tire and put a bill for his landscaping on the car as well. He took down the license plate. Later that evening he got a knock on the door, he saw it was some punk, he grabbed his shotgun and put it behind his back. When he opened the door this kid was all p-oed however he quieted down when he saw the shotgun. My friend went off on him over the continued damage off his grass and to make a long story short, the kid ended up paying him 100 dollars as they worked out a deal where the kid would pay for the grass/landscaping damage while my friend would pay for his tire to get replaced, which was good since it got him 100 dollar profit and about 35 dollars to fix the grass. He hasn't had an issue for over a year.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Simple.....if its in front of ur house..park ur car in front of his...2inches from his bumper....then have ur friend come over and leave his car parked behind ur neighbors...box the **** in and then when he complains tell him F off and maybe he wont do it next time! lol
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    A couple of years ago when I left for work at 4:00 AM, I noticed every morning for almost week a car parked in front of my yard. The car had someone sleeping in it. I tapped on the window one morning to talk to this person and the alcohol smell eminating from the car almost made me pass out.
    I asked the person to sleep off whatever they had and leave and not come back. 3 weeks and nothing, then one morning the car was back, I had had enough, I called 911 and told them about the person and gave the license number.
    The police arrived in about 10 minutes and actually arrested the person on outstanding warrants for 2 DUI charges (go figure).

I had the neighbor's son's car towed 2 times since he parked it on the corner of street semi-blocking the cul-de-sac exit and it sat unmoved for 2 months the first time and 3 weeks the second time. I had already spoken to his parents 2 times and they said it was his old car so he was letting it sit until he could sell it.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Simple.....if its in front of ur house..park ur car in front of his...2inches from his bumper....then have ur friend come over and leave his car parked behind ur neighbors...box the **** in and then when he complains tell him F off and maybe he wont do it next time! lol
    Great Ideas everyone!! I have to do something. They are driving me insane. I am going to report them to the HOA because you are not supposed to park cars in the road in the first place. But they will know who called. Keep the ideas coming! HA!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    if its parked in front of your house on the street (its not on private property): Take the valve stem cover off, put a small wad of paper in the stem and screw it back on. A slight hissing sound should be heard. Then do the same thing to the opposite tire. When he goes to drive off he will have a flat tire... back up, same thing. It doesn't hurt anything (its not vandalism), but he will get the point and stop parking the car in the wrong damn spot. After that warning Id weld a plate over his exhaust pipe in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHA I used to pull the valve stems out of one of my "friends" cars.
    Actually he was just a dude that would hang out with some of my friends, he was kind of a ***.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I live in a neighborhood where instead of driveways, we have an "alley" in the back with garages. Neighboor to the right parks two on the street. Neighbor to the left parks 2 on the street, and 2 houses to the left parks 3 on the street. I drive a diesel truck long bed, sucker is so long it won't fit in my garage(that's what she said) and it's always hard to get a spot in front of my house.

However, we all tend to try and make room for eachother but it can be a pain sometimes.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Start practicing golf in the front yard.