Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sunday was the day

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Well fellas, my wife and I, mainly her, had our first child on sunday morning at 1156. had a little girl, both her and mom are doing great. she weighed 6lbs 9oz.
Being a new dad is a great but daunting feeling. but Im glad that she is here safe and healthy. just thought that I would share.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    roland_7707:
    Well fellas, my wife and I, mainly her, had our first child on sunday morning at 1156. had a little girl, both her and mom are doing great. she weighed 6lbs 9oz.
    Being a new dad is a great but daunting feeling. but Im glad that she is here safe and healthy. just thought that I would share.
    Awesome news. Enjoy being a new daddy, hope you enjoyed a stick to celebrate.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Congratulations man, that's great news. It's great when it's over and everyone's at home, safe and healthy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    May I suggest the name PINK.. Congratulations to you both.
  • Options
    Yeah, a San Latano Habano is resting right now. no one in our family knows that I smoke except my wife and mother-in-law came down for a few days and my mom is comming for a few days without a break in between.

You would be suprised how many people ask if I know pink floyd and they stare at me dumbfounded when I stright-faced tell them that he is my uncle. they have no idea. it makes me laugh
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    That's Awesome! Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing good!
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Thats great man. Mine pops in Aug.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow congrats man, a new baby is awesome and like you said daunting.
    I have a son that is 17 months old and when he was born, the car ride home from the hospital was a bit scary, you realize that somebody is relying on you for everything and you don't want to let them down.
    My wife and I never knew how much we were missing in life until our little guy arrived.
    Glad your wife and baby girl are healthy; let the fun begin!!!!
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Congrats! My wife and I just found out yesterday that we expecting a girl. The only difference is that this is girl number three for us. I just can't seem to put the ol' stem on the apple.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your new arrival, glad to hear mom and baby are doing well
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Congrats man!! Welcome to getting no sleep for the next few years, I know I'm living the dream. LOL. Happy to hear that the family is doing great.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! You are a lucky man-nothing better than a little daughter.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    ShotgunJohn:
    Wow congrats man, a new baby is awesome and like you said daunting.
    I have a son that is 17 months old and when he was born, the car ride home from the hospital was a bit scary, you realize that somebody is relying on you for everything and you don't want to let them down.
    My wife and I never knew how much we were missing in life until our little guy arrived.
    Glad your wife and baby girl are healthy; let the fun begin!!!!
    +1 on the car ride home thing. We live less than a mile from the hospital and I still managed to freak the F out on the drive home. My boy is 15 months or so now and he's hilarious. The first 3 months or so, expect to not know what theck your doing. Thats totally normal. Just hang in there while you guys all figure it out and it'll start to getting really fun before you know it when their personalities start to come out. enjoy the ride man, and congrats.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations brotha!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    gripnrip:
    +100. You have got SO much great stuff ahead of you man! Daddy daughter dates alone are worth the price of admission to this life. Got two myself, and Ive gotta tell you it just keeps getting better all the time. People never believe me when they start in with the "But I bet you wish you had a son..." stuff and I tell them "Not for a second."

Congratulations roland! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. :-)

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Congrats brother! It's the greatest and scariest feeling in the world!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    gripnrip:
    +100. You have got SO much great stuff ahead of you man! Daddy daughter dates alone are worth the price of admission to this life. Got two myself, and Ive gotta tell you it just keeps getting better all the time. People never believe me when they start in with the "But I bet you wish you had a son..." stuff and I tell them "Not for a second."

Congratulations roland! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. :-)

are they around 16 yet? just asking... I hear it gets bad.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    gripnrip:

are they around 16 yet? just asking... I hear it gets bad.
    My girls are now 11 & 13. I dont know if I would call the teen years bad (the bit Ive experienced so far anyway), just different. Different chalenges... they begin to shift, and family is no longer the absolute center of priorities for them. Kind of like baby birds beginning to flyi on their own I suppose. Ive begun to have feelings of "Lord I pray I did my job right!" lately if that makes any sense.

Meh, we can start another thread for this. LOL We should be focused on Roland here! So much good stuff ahead man... especially once they start talking. Its like you get to discover the world all over again, thru their eyes. Its a very cool thing.

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Congrats
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement and support guys. I appreciate it.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats bro, if you like this you will love grandchildren. I had to learn how to play again. It took me a while to catch on to Spongebob, but I got it now. I love Mr Krabs
  • Options
    The HoosThe Hoos Posts: 42
    hell yeah, congratulations bro. I hope everything goes great for ya.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Congrats bro, if you like this you will love grandchildren. I had to learn how to play again. It took me a while to catch on to Spongebob, but I got it now. I love Mr Krabs
    He11, I AM Mr Krabs! LOL