Home Ratings & Reviews

Sandusky Bay Cigars - Lake Erie Monster

Lake Erie MONSTER

First off I’d like to say I’ve never reviewed a cigar before but here we go…

First 1/3 – Ample spiciness right off the bat! The first puffs of this cigar are peppery and very strong with hints of nut and cedar on the retro-hale.

Second 1/3 – Going into the second part of this cigar the spice turns down a bit and the nut and cedar come out a little more. Toward the end of the second part the spiciness fades away and the smoke feels heavier. Here a heavy, thick, rich tobacco taste comes out with almost a hint of unsweetened baker’s chocolate. The cigar is getting stronger!

Final 1/3 – A bit of spice comes back and the thing really gets heavy! The rich tobacco taste remains for the last bit.

Construction – A+!! The drawl is perfect! The burn is perfect!

Thoughts – A very strong and well made cigar. This is defiantly a smoke for after dinner! Very good cigar!

Comments

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Good review for your first, and thanks for posting this up! Glad to hear you liked this so much. It's also one of my favorites. I will definitely let you know when Darrin's got them up on his website for purchase if you're interested in any more!

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sounds really good, I've never heard of these cigars.
    Light 'em up.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Sandusky Bay Cigars are blended by my local shop owner in Sandusky, Ohio. He has developed many other blends over the years as well, the best IMHO being his Spanish Rosada, Brazilian Maduro, Lake Erie Monster, "Aniversary '67" (his version of the Padron '64 Anniversary), and a Prensado Maduro.

The one that SmokySuit reviewed is from a batch that he traveled to Nicaragua to the Placencia Factory to produce. He commissioned Nestor's factory and 20 of his rollers to do a small production run (~12k total) of several of his blends.

The next trip I take up to the shop, I'm buying some more of the Lake Erie Monsters and the Spanish Rosadas to send out in bombs..........................

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    JCizzle:
    These are made by my local shop owner in Sandusky, Ohio. He has many other blends that he has developed over the years, the best IMHO being his Spanish Rosada, Brazilian Maduro, Lake Erie Monster, "Aniversary '67" (his version of the Padron '64 Anniversary), and one other one that for some reason is escaping me right now.

The next chance I get to go up there, I'm buying some more of the Lake Erie Monsters and the Spanish Rosadas to send out in bombs..........................

Sounds interesting and good review SmokySuit.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Great review smoky. I checked out the site and it looks pretty cool. Lots of interesting blends.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..