Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What a Day!!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Well around 1:00pm my wife and son came into the bedroom to wake me up like they do everyday after they hear my alarm clock go off, but that was about the end of the day being normal... I went into the bathroom as always and while I was in there I could hear a beeping coming from the other half of the duplex we live in. After a few seconds I realized it sounded like a smoke alarm and then soon my wife and I started smelling smoke... I ran next door and started pounding on the front door and yelling for anyone inside and when I looked over at their front windows I saw that the blinds over their living room windows were already melted. A quick call to 911 and I started hauling as much as I could out of my house. I went for things like pictures and my computer with all the digital pictures of my son growing up and our family pictures, my son's clothes, some of my clothes and my wife's as well. Of course I got both of my humidors out too. Well the fire department responded very quickly and they were able to stop the fire before is spread into our place. Our place smells pretty smokey but there is no actual smoke or water damage and we are all safe. Can't help but be very thankful for my family and feel bad for the people next door. I never got along with the guy and he has been nothing but a pain in the ass since we've lived here, but I don't wish that on anyone... I was terrified today and as much as I would love to kick back with a good smoke right now, I think my bed may be the best choice.

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    First and foremost, glad you and your family are safe!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    glad your ok bro! glad those humidors are safe as well! lol
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ah f*ck man...Jason I'm glad you and that hot wife (I mean, your kid..and pictures..and stuff) are safe.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Ah f*ck man...Jason I'm glad you and that hot wife (I mean, your kid..and pictures..and stuff) are safe.

Hays,lol.....

It's good to hear that you and your family are okay. I know you won't know right away. But I pray the structure of your home was not damage.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you. The fears created, anxiety experienced and senses stimulated are pretty overwhelming. Glad to hear no one was hurt, and that none of your stuff was destroyed, but at the end of the day, while important....it would have only been stuff that can be replaced, but people cannot. Hope this is a turning point with your neighbour also, perhaps he might realize now what and how neighbours take care of each other, especially in times of crisis. Best of luck.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Holy crap man! Glad to hear everyone is ok.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wow that is terrible, I'm really glad to hear that everyone is ok and that it didn't get your half and you guys lose everything.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It was a crazy day and in the end I can't help but think someone was looking out for us. So many things had to be just right for me to have heard the smoke detector and realize what was going on. If I wasn't working overtime we probably wouldn't have been home and who knows when anyone would have noticed it. I've never been so thankful in my life...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone figure out what caused the fire ?
  • Options
    Not yet. The guy next door had been out of town since Friday so nobody had been in there. Luckily the fire investigator is our other neighbor's son. We are pretty close with them and they were the ones watching our son for us while we tried to get as much as we could out of the house. When something is discovered we should know pretty quick. He took 3 canisters of sample material and a few items out of the house to investigate so hopefully we will know soon.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    WOW, thats crazy man! Glad you and your family are safe, along with your house. Hope everything pans out well for your neighbor!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound. I know the feeling with fires. Had been through 2 apartment complex fires myself. Scary ****.
  • Options
    Just a few pics of the events as they unfolded.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    This window is about 3 feet from my bedroom.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Wow, I'm glad everyone's okay. Stuff like that really puts things in perspective.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone is okay, makes you appreciate everything when you come that close to losing everything...

Glad to hear about your safe family though!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I am glad you and your family are safe, hopefully the structure is still sound. Good luck brother, God bless you and the family.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    I am glad you and your family are safe, hopefully the structure is still sound. Good luck brother, God bless you and the family.

+1.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man! Close call, bro, glad things are OK
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain