Home General Discussion
Options

Birthday Smoke Suggestions

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Ok guys my bday is coming up in 6 days and I've been racking my brain to try and decide what to smoke and so now I'm turning to you guys for some help. Below is the list of what I've been considering, in no particular order.

MOW Maduro
MOW Armada
Camacho PE
Cohiba ISOM Siglo II
Cohiba Red Dot
Gurkha Titan
Gurkha Beast
Gurkha Beauty
Tatuaje El Triunfador
Partagas Black
Arturo Fuente Maduro
Rocky Patel The Edge Sumatra
Oliva Serie V

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    My Pick would be either the Gurka Titan or the ISOM Cohiba. Mind if I as what Cohiba you have?

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Given the list of mighty impressive you've put forth, I'd go with either the MOW Maduro or the ISOM.

Happy birthday! Enjoy whatever you pick!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Camacho PE or Cohiba ISOM. Enjoy your B-Day and all that it brings, lol.....
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Camacho PE or Cohiba ISOM. Enjoy your B-Day and all that it brings, lol.....
    Why does this scare me? lol
  • Options
    camgfs:
    My Pick would be either the Gurka Titan or the ISOM Cohiba. Mind if I as what Cohiba you have?

I do no mind at all and meant to put it in there. It is a Siglo Tubo II. I have 3 of them, out of the tubes in the humi, that my Dad got me on his honeymoon last year.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    MoW Armada or Camacho PE. Let the ISOM Cohiba age a bit.

Happy birthday, Elijah!
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Given the list of mighty impressive you've put forth, I'd go with either the MOW Maduro or the ISOM.

Happy birthday! Enjoy whatever you pick!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

I do no mind at all and meant to put it in there. It is a Siglo Tubo II. I have 3 of them, out of the tubes in the humi, that my Dad got me on his honeymoon last year.
    A fine choice, be it a might short for a b/day smoke. Maybe have that AND the Gurka Titan or the Camancho PE? Make it a hell of a day ;)

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    So considering you're a huge MOW fan, and you've probably been saving the maduros for a good day, why not fire up one of those bad boys?
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    So considering you're a huge MOW fan, and you've probably been saving the maduros for a good day, why not fire up one of those bad boys?
    I had one ROTT and have 3 resting. I loved it, it was IMO an amazing smoke! I'm debating getting another warchest soon...lol
  • Options
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

A fine choice, be it a might short for a b/day smoke. Maybe have that AND the Gurka Titan or the Camancho PE? Make it a hell of a day ;)

That'd def be one hell of a day! :)
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    MoW Armada or Camacho PE. Let the ISOM Cohiba age a bit.

Happy birthday, Elijah!
    Thanks man! The ISOM's have been resting since Oct, how long would you recommend that it age before I give it a whirl? I'm in no rush to smoke them since I can't really get anymore of them...lol
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    How about this, the morning of your birthday, have a nice big breakfast and follow that with a good cup of coffee and either the Tatuaje El Triunfador or the MOW maduro. After that, chill for a while...then pick up the Rocky Patel Edge Sumatra. (I sincerely hope you enjoy this cigar as it has been my experience that rocky is getting greedy and that is why the Sumatra is only available in bundles which leads me to believe that the long filler is not be aged as long as it was when that line was released in boxes).Moving on, later on say after lunch your could light up the Cohiba Siglo II and enjoy. After that and later in the afternoon I would suggest the Camacho PE before dinner. After dinner I would reach for the Cohiba Red Dot along with some tea or decaf coffee and after dessert I would reach for AF maduro or the Partagas black. If you still have strength left I would grab some cognac or bourbon and smoke one of the Gurkhas.

The MOW armada is something that in my opinion needs a decent amount of age to become a good smoke. Also the Oliva V I would only advise reaching for after either a big lunch or big dinner. Otherwise it will knock you on your ass and thus spoiling the cigar fiesta.

Happy Birthday and Long Ashes!
  • Options
    RoyalCigars:
    How about this, the morning of your birthday, have a nice big breakfast and follow that with a good cup of coffee and either the Tatuaje El Triunfador or the MOW maduro. After that, chill for a while...then pick up the Rocky Patel Edge Sumatra. (I sincerely hope you enjoy this cigar as it has been my experience that rocky is getting greedy and that is why the Sumatra is only available in bundles which leads me to believe that the long filler is not be aged as long as it was when that line was released in boxes).Moving on, later on say after lunch your could light up the Cohiba Siglo II and enjoy. After that and later in the afternoon I would suggest the Camacho PE before dinner. After dinner I would reach for the Cohiba Red Dot along with some tea or decaf coffee and after dessert I would reach for AF maduro or the Partagas black. If you still have strength left I would grab some cognac or bourbon and smoke one of the Gurkhas.

The MOW armada is something that in my opinion needs a decent amount of age to become a good smoke. Also the Oliva V I would only advise reaching for after either a big lunch or big dinner. Otherwise it will knock you on your ass and thus spoiling the cigar fiesta.

Happy Birthday and Long Ashes!
    Thanks! I do love a good full day of smoking, http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/170941.aspx, but I'll probably just smoke 2 or 3 tops that day. Atleast 1 depends on what all I end up doing. Good news is The Edge that I have is one of the old ones! :)
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Camacho PE for breakfast and the MoW Maduro after dinner!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday E! The ISOM sounds like a winner and maybe the Camacho PE. Let me know how it goes bro!
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy B-Day Brother, mine is in 10 days. Go with the MoW, you can't go wrong with Moe.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Some that I've had recently that I enjoyed in order...

Tatuaje El Triunfador
    Cohiba Red Dot
    Partagas Black
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Its your birthday bro - SMOKE EVERY DAMNED ONE OF EM!

Me me me me.... my my my my... mo mo mo mo... Ahem, all together now....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (early!)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MoW CONTEST INVENTING, BORK CREATING, CRAP CIGAR PASS STARTING ENFIEDL,

• Options
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the bday wishes and Glen you have such a beautiful voice! lol I literally lol'd at this and everybody around me at work looked at me all weird :) You guys are def help make the decision of what to smoke much easier!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I DO have a beautiful voice!!!

As long as Im typing anyway. :-)

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MoW CONTEST INVENTING, BORK CREATING, CRAP CIGAR PASS STARTING ENFIEDL,

You forgot the socially embarrassing next verse:

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    WON'T STOP SINGING 'TIL YOU DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

By the way, I think you should treat yourself to one of those MOW Maduros!!! Happy Birthday!!!!
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    The Sniper:

You forgot the socially embarrassing next verse:

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!
    DANCE AROUND THE ROOM!

By the way, I think you should treat yourself to one of those MOW Maduros!!! Happy Birthday!!!!
    Fine I did a no pants dance around the room, hope you're happy now.....lol Thanks brother!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    What did you decide on ?
  • Options
    I'm currently enjoying a Camacho PE!
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Happy Birthday Elijah. Thats cool that your the Joe of the day!
  • Options
    leonard:
    Happy Birthday Elijah. Thats cool that your the Joe of the day!
    thanks man! I thought it was pretty cool how that worked out being my bday...lol