Home General Discussion
Options

Video Blog

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. Be sure to check out the blogs. I am doing some video blogging from Nicaragua and will be more active on the blog section moving forward by way of video. First ones are up!!

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Your cigars are tops, Alex. Video recording technique? So so.
    Are all the roads that bad in Nicaragua? LOL
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Your cigars are tops, Alex. Video recording technique? So so.
    Are all the roads that bad in Nicaragua? LOL
    no...

most are worse.

oh... and most people drive like maniacs down there. there are very few stop signs, the person with the largest vehicle that is moving the fastest seems to have the right of way. all intersections witness liberal use of the cars horn to let everyone know that you are approaching.

The faces of the buildings that are all butt up against each other make a wall of sorts that goes only a foot or two from the street corner. this makes seeing down the streets for the oncoming traffic difficult at best.

the highways are not much better there. when traveling from Leon to Estali there were many sections of the highway that were only slightly better than a gravel road. of course we are doing highway speeds on them because our driver is Nicaraguan. there are some spots that are downright horrible. at these locations there is often a guy standing there asking for donations from the drivers of the road to help him repair that spot. these are not government people. they are just people with no other way to make money.

the condition of the roads themselves was one of the differences in (for lack of better words) culture that i was not prepared for.

unrelated...
    Flor de Cana IS the essential Nicaraguan drink. i tried many of them while there. the 12 year was my favorite to drink neat, but if it is being mixed with coke and lime the seven year is the way to go.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I really like this Alex! It'll be a cool way to see more into what you guys do to get the cigars that we all enjoy and learn more about them
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    hey Alex, thanks for posting your adventures, we love to watch them. as for the camera work, who cares. I use my cell phone for my vid-blog and it's all about getting the point across. Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Fantastic! ...and this is your job ...wanna trade? ...please... ;)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey guys. Be sure to check out the blogs. I am doing some video blogging from Nicaragua and will be more active on the blog section moving forward by way of video. First ones are up!!
    Thanks for doing this Alex, don't worry about the camera works...it's not like we're paying for these, u know?? I've been to Mexico a few times, and the roads down there seem to be nothing compared to the roads in Nicaragua.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very enjoyable, Alex, please keep them coming.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    It's nice to see something different in a blog. It's one thing to describe something but another to actually see it for yourself, besides being there.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    If they would only invent AromaBlog. Now that would be cool.