Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The joys of a new house

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Let me start by saying this is all 100% true. I got home yesterday to find a letter from my insurance company telling me that they are canceling my insurance because they dont want to cover my type of roof anymore. Keep in mind I bought this insurance one month ago with no issues. AS I AM READING THIS LETTER, a drop of water fell on to it from the celing. Yes folks, my roof started to leak the INSTANT that my insurance company decided to cancel my coverage. Its leaking though a light fixture and the paint has started to bubble up. Luckily they have graciously extended my coverage to the 19th of may so I get to file a claim tonight.

Que the stress.

Comments

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Wow man. Sorry to hear about that. Leaking roofs are always a pain in the ass and the pocket book. I can't believe the insurance company would cancel after one month. At least, like you said, you are still able to file a claim. Good luck to you.

Rob
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    long as u file a claim tonight...they have to cover ya bro! lol
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Sorry to hear about the roof. I got home around 9 last night to find my water heater took a dump and leaked everywhere!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ouch... That is a sh!tty coincidence...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Ouch! What kind of roof do you have that they don't want to cover?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Leaky....
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Lasabar:
    bigharpoon:
    Leaky....
    LOL....that's some funny sh*t right there.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My insurance would not cover my shingles blowing off because there were not enough blow off. I've had to climb up and fix mine several times, but it's finally done and last windstorm we had no new blown off shingles. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Its a low slop roof and they are trying to call it a flat roof but it has a decent slop to it. Filed the claim, should be interesting.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    In Maine asphalt shingles warranty is void below a 4 pitch. Less than that and you lose the warranty or you have to use something else, like epdm. Good luck.