What to drink while smoking a cigar??

2»

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    urbino:
    laker1963:
    Did you say Starbucks ??? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !! They get some nice blends there but ever time I buy a coffee at SB it taste the same, BURNT form over roasting.
    We must have been separated at birth, doogie. I've always said *exactly* the same thing about Starbucks coffee. Then I was in there one day because . . . well, it was there . . . and one of the baristas was making himself a pot of Guatemala-Antigua in a French press. He offered me some, and doggone it, it was actually very good.

I don't think they ever make it in the stores. I've never seen it on the menu, anyway. Unfortunately, they don't sell the beans in a decaf version, so I have to buy House Blend beans for when I want decaf. It's less burnt than their other stuff.

So what you're saying is the best cup of coffee you ever had at SB wasn't SB coffee? LOL
    I've never had a burnt taste, I always get a chalky taste but I usually get mocha's, so either way I avoid them.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah, Phob's the flavored coffee is what they excell at, not regular coffee.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    gmill880:
    eve r tried the white chocolate mocha-
    Never have. I've never had any of the "coffee drinks," actually. I'm a black coffee man. I'd probably like them if I tried them, though.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    laker1963:
    So what you're saying is the best cup of coffee you ever had at SB wasn't SB coffee? LOL
    Pretty much. Their beans, but not their brew.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dep691:

laker1963:
    How do you like your coffee beans roasted light, med. or dark? I am waiting for a new order of beans to arrive (hopefully today!!!), let me know how you like them roasted and I will send you out a trial of the Sumatra Mandheling. This one is my favorite.

I already have sent out the package of sticks but let me know your roast preferrence and I will fire out some killer beans to you Urb's.

Do you use a French Press when you make the coffee?

Yeah the French press is the only way to go, but I do wish they would make larger ones. I have a French Press stainless steel "pot" but it just barely makes enough for the wife and I. Any company and you're making endless pots. Not a huge deal, but when you roast the beans, grind them, and then make the coffee it tends to seem like a lot of work for a good cup of joe.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if its a cigar im not familiar with, or im looking for the cigar to be the main component in my experience, water only. if im with a freind after dinner, we will have a dark beer with our smokes. once in a while if I just want to go outside, and incidently have a cigar ill have a beer with it. now if you want to talk about after cigar eating, oooooh buddy, thats fun stuff. have some buttered french bread after a cigar, AWSOME. personaly I love having chocolate or oreos after smoking a cigar, tastes like smores lol.
  • Options
    NSIOpsNSIOps Posts: 18
    I prefer to drink unsweetened ice tea. It is simple, but it also quenches the thirst on a hot day; which where I live is most of the time. Occassionally I will drink an asian beer with cigar such as Kirin Ichiban or Tiger. These beers are typically paired with spicey dishes and known for a more subtle tastes; which dont overpower the cigar at all.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I like a mellow bourbon or Tullamore Dew on the rocks. Something nice and melow to complement. And it wont kill the palate