Home General Discussion
Options

Smoke while driving?

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
Any of y'all smoke whilst you drive. I don't since I lease my car and don't really want it smelling like cigars anyways. But I had a 2-hour drive the other day on my own and was getting sleepy as ***. So I fired up a RP edge sumata. Had a bad light and couldn't really correct. I opened the sunroof to pull the smoke out, but the probably was is was only about 19 degrees out. So I had a bad burn, flavor seemed to be off, I was freezing cold, and so on. So I had a terrible smoke I tossed half way through. Just curious if others smokes while they drive and if so, how do you make it enjoyable.

Comments

• Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive never had a good experience smoking in the car
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Def smoke while I drive. I tend to take my time getting a good light, and risk it when a need for a touch up occurs. Sometimes I'll actually pull over to correct when I need. I don't usually like doing it in inclement weather, as I feel the need for more focus on the driving, but if the weather is at least clear, I will smoke with a crack in the window and ash in my cup holder ashtray, it is easily removed and emptied. I own my car and tend to take time and clean and detail it ever-so-often, but the lingering smell of smoked cigars lives in my car. Smells a lot better than cigarette smoke! Plus I throw in a vanilla air freshener or two and it is quite pleasant. In the winter, it is really the only tolerable place to do it, being there are no real B&Ms around to do so.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I smoke in my car but not in our truck. My car is just my back and forth to work car but the truck is a nice F-250 were trying to keep nice. I drive 45 minutes one way to work so it's the perfect amount of time to smoke! But be prepared to smell heavily of smoke when you get to your destination, even if you have your windows cracked. As long as you're not smoking blunts or white owls, its not bad, hell i quite enjoy it :)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jetmech_63:
    I smoke in my car but not in our truck. My car is just my back and forth to work car but the truck is a nice F-250 were trying to keep nice. I drive 45 minutes one way to work so it's the perfect amount of time to smoke! But be prepared to smell heavily of smoke when you get to your destination, even if you have your windows cracked. As long as you're not smoking blunts or white owls, its not bad, hell i quite enjoy it :)
    I'm the opposite. I smoke in my truck and not my car. My truck is an old 95 Pathfinder and my car is a 2001 Audi S4. I had this guy work on my truck and he left most of the insides of the engine on the seats and rugs so when it is hot out, you smell the oils eminating throughout to the smoke is a welcome change. I only work about 10 minutes away but I still light up every chance I get. I do cherish those longer drives when I can smoke 2 - 3 but they I don't get them that often.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Right now since I'm doing a project that allows me more time in the drivers seat I do.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I smoke in my truck all the time.. With an hour comute each way every day it helps to pass the time. I just crack the window a few inches, turn on the vent and enjoy the ride. I keep an oversized ashtray, and use a deodorizer when I get home. Ozium or Fabreeze both work well.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Yep... I have an hour drive home so I crack the window and crack the sunroof. I am in the Chicago area - so at this time of the year it seems like a reasonable option. Some of the heavier smokes gets a little heavy.... but...

I, too use Ozium and also Refresh smoke odor eliminator- both work pretty well.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I lease my car. nuff said
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    I smoke in my car, I bought a new Sable in 2000, it was in the show room,when the deal was done I got in the car , fired up a contraband monte #2 when it was still in the show room,opened up the sunroof & pulled it out myself with a BIG smile on my face ,been smoking in it ever since , , Now we just picked up 2005 Ford 500 ...... No freeeking ashtray in the SOB!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I haven't driven since June 3rd.

'Nuff said.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I haven't driven since June 3rd.

'Nuff said.
    What do you do when it rains urbs?
  • Options
    Prepare.

There's no such thing as bad weather. Only bad preparation. (Although, there's really no way to prepare for today's weather: 25mph wind. I had to lean the bike into it, and even then it nearly blew me off the road once or twice.)
  • Options
    okay, do you smoke while peddling?
  • Options
    I've never tried it, but I've often joked about how "cool" it would be to ride a bike around town with a cigarette dangling casually from my lip.

I don't think I'll try it with a cigar. I have to spit too much.
  • Options
    I thought about getting a bike, but since I take my work truck home then I really don't need too. Though I do live far away from my office..
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Def smoke while I drive. I tend to take my time getting a good light, and risk it when a need for a touch up occurs. Sometimes I'll actually pull over to correct when I need. I don't usually like doing it in inclement weather, as I feel the need for more focus on the driving, but if the weather is at least clear, I will smoke with a crack in the window and ash in my cup holder ashtray, it is easily removed and emptied. I own my car and tend to take time and clean and detail it ever-so-often, but the lingering smell of smoked cigars lives in my car. Smells a lot better than cigarette smoke! Plus I throw in a vanilla air freshener or two and it is quite pleasant. In the winter, it is really the only tolerable place to do it, being there are no real B&Ms around to do so.
    This! I like to smoke while I drive, will take the time to light before leaving and will pull over to correct if necessary. Typically don't smoke if there is bad weather. I also find that a quality vanilla or spice scented air freshener actually tends to go well with the faint cigar smell.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I've never tried it, but I've often joked about how "cool" it would be to ride a bike around town with a cigarette dangling casually from my lip.

I don't think I'll try it with a cigar. I have to spit too much.
    I have done both - with the Ultra Classic I had a cigarette lighter and plenty of protection - With cigars and the road king doesn't work too well - waste of a good cigar... :)
  • Options
    Yeah, but I have to pedal mine. That's the cool part. I'm getting my exercise and having a smoke at the same time.
  • Options
    I had actually never really smoked in my car until yesterday. I finished my last exam for the semester that morning and decided to smoke a celebratory cigar on my way back home. So I brought the Cuvee Blanc I got from the free CCOM sampler and lit up as soon as I set foot out of class. I got a few stares as I walked through campus but now my car has a beautiful creamy smoke scent, overall I think it's something I should do more often.
  • Options
    Yeah but if you get a stinky cigar in there the smell is bad in there for a while. I say test one out and see where it goes then the car is fair game.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    musiciannameddave:
    I had actually never really smoked in my car until yesterday. I finished my last exam for the semester that morning and decided to smoke a celebratory cigar on my way back home. So I brought the Cuvee Blanc I got from the free CCOM sampler and lit up as soon as I set foot out of class. I got a few stares as I walked through campus but now my car has a beautiful creamy smoke scent, overall I think it's something I should do more often.
    Hey dave, (ryan) what did you think of the Cuvee ? I found that one to be really nice.. It was voted " Cigar of the Year " last year on another forum and I would agree that it was one of the better new smokes I had when they first came out.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey dave, (ryan) what did you think of the Cuvee ? I found that one to be really nice.. It was voted " Cigar of the Year " last year on another forum and I would agree that it was one of the better new smokes I had when they first came out.
    Well to be honest I think I could've smoked any cigar at all at that point and enjoyed it, but this one was quite good. Smooth creamy smoke with a (relatively) slow even burn, good draw, and a pleasant aftertaste. I wouldn't pay a ton for them but I'd definitely pick up a box if they were on sale.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Yeah, but I have to pedal mine. That's the cool part. I'm getting my exercise and having a smoke at the same time.

Could we get a pic with the bike tights, the helmet, and a presidente?
  • Options
    I never smoke in my vehicle. I have a friend of mine that I take road trips with that smokes in his truck. I usually smoke in his vehicle. My wife doesn't like cigar smoke.
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

No, Senator Craig. You cannot.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

LOL! I guess I am out of the bathroom now -
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    urbino:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

Is presidente what your kind is calling it now?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

Must be Zappa and the dress - You Kids - :)
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    madurofan:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:
    Tumbler:
    urbino:

Must be Zappa and the dress - You Kids - :)
    Don't blame it on Zappa.
  • Options
    Yeah i love smoking cigars while driving i do it all the time , you get to stop at the traffic lights take a puff and completely smoke out the car next to you Smile [:)]