Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Daily Quote...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Few men desire liberty. The majority only wish for a fair master. - Gaius Sallustius Crispus
    Now THAT's a quote for our times! Sad, but true.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Of course, there are dangers in religious freedom and freedom of opinion. But to deny these rights is worse than dangerous, it is absolutely fatal to liberty. The external threat to liberty should not drive us into suppressing liberty at home. Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination. - Harry Truman
  • Options
    Freedom of thought and the right of private judgment, in matters of conscience, driven from every other corner of the earth, direct their course to this happy country as their last asylum. - Samuel Adams
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife. - Teddy Roosevelt

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt

“If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness”- Teddy Roosevelt

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    "Boy, I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals." Butch Cassidy
  • Options
    One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license. - PJ O'Rourke
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    "Women: You can't live with them, and they can't pee standing up." - Rube Baker

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    “It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.”
  • Options
    There is a fly in the ointment.
    There is a fox in the hen house.
    There is a Trojan Horse outside the door.

“These are times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country.”Thomas Payne
  • Options
    A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. - Gen. George Patton

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. - Patton

• Options
    “We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy”
  • Options
    drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    "The only thing worse than watching a bad movie is being in one." - Elvis Presley

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    LMAO one of my favorite movies!!
  • Options
    "HEY!!YOU!! Get off of my thread" Mick Jagger
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    beatnic:
    "HEY!!YOU!! Get off of my thread" Mick Jagger
    Wait, thats not right...
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    If you mess up, 'fess up'. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp-Army PM Magazine

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Krieg:
    LMAO one of my favorite movies!!

How about: You can't live with them and you can't get rid of them. Think about it....
  • Options
    "Women - can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em" - True Lies, movie
  • Options
    Well all last night I sat on the levee and moan
    Thinkin' 'bout my baby and my happy home
    If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break
    And all these people have no place to stay
    Memphis Minnie, 1929
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A wet bird never flies at night" - Fukawee Tribe member from F Troop
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    "A wet bird never flies at night" - Fukawee Tribe member from F Troop
    ROTFLMAO.... F TROOP? I loved that show.