Home General Discussion
Options

Haven't Seen This Mentioned Around Here

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Ok, so what is the deal with Tatuaje's new deal with Davidoff? Is Pete leaving Pepin to have Davidoff blend all of his stuff, or are they just going to do new stuff for him while Pepin keeps making his existing lines? Davidoff blending for Tatuaje could produce some interesting smokes...

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd certainly hope he wouldn't part ways with DPG, if for no other reason than that he'd alienate a lot of Tatuaje fans. Kelner is a fantastic blender, one of my favorites, but his style is nothing like Pepin's, who also happens to be among my favorite blenders. It would be cool to see some Kelner/Johnson collaboration, that's one thing I can say for sure.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'd certainly hope he wouldn't part ways with DPG, if for no other reason than that he'd alienate a lot of Tatuaje fans. Kelner is a fantastic blender, one of my favorites, but his style is nothing like Pepin's, who also happens to be among my favorite blenders. It would be cool to see some Kelner/Johnson collaboration, that's one thing I can say for sure.

+1 I agree, I enjoy both blending styles for different reasons. I would however, be first in line to try whatever they make.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    In the last Ccom catalog they had an interview with Pete and he said he'd never leave Pepin, he's like family. My guess is this is a special project.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all stems from Pete joking around on Twitter because of people complaining about Saints & Sinners. He said everything is normal and business as usual at Tatuaje the day after.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    This all stems from Pete joking around on Twitter because of people complaining about Saints & Sinners. He said everything is normal and business as usual at Tatuaje the day after.
    Ya beat me to it, Jake...... Yea, Jake is right. I fell for the Twitter prank that Pete was playing. He also joked that he was discontinuing the monster series. That would have been bogus as hell!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The internet almost shut down from the drama that a couple tweets caused.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm glad he is not leaving Pepin, but kind of let down he won't be doing anything with Davidoff... That could have produced some great smokes!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    it's an ironic joke because Matt Booth is workig with Camacho now owned by Davidoff. I wonder if Booth is going to tweet he's collaborating with DPG
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    it's an ironic joke because Matt Booth is workig with Camacho now owned by Davidoff. I wonder if Booth is going to tweet he's collaborating with DPG
    no... right now booth is working with another friend of mine blending a room 101 LE. the size will be a short perfecto.

while in nicaragua i spent quite a bit of time with Matt Booth. the running joke all week was that he was going to make a super limited LE where all the leaves would come from one plant that he would grow in his bath tub. the cigar (only one produced ever) would come with a video about the making of this "apartment puro." the video would cover everything from the one seed to the rolling and aging room. much of this was being discussed after a long tour with Pete Johnson at the DPG factory and a nearby field. Booth is one funny guy. if you ever get the opportunity to meet him buy him a mojito. hes a good guy.
  • Options
    what I meant was that Camacho is owned by Davidoff now and Booth's Room 101 is under the Camacho wing if I'm not mistaken.

instead of room 101, would that be like studio apt. 103 for the Apartment Puro.......
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    what I meant was that Camacho is owned by Davidoff now and Booth's Room 101 is under the Camacho wing if I'm not mistaken.

instead of room 101, would that be like studio apt. 103 for the Apartment Puro.......
    the quote was "room 202... because its on the next level... "
  • Options
    NICE.