Home General Discussion
Options

Sharing a stick...?

In the military we use a smoke pit. All smoking, cigars & cigarettes are smoked there and only there. I've seen these two guys come out sometimes and they share the same cigar. Pass it back and forth like nothing unusual. When I first saw thing, I was like...WTF are you doing? Who shares a single cigar? When they were done, some of the guys made funny comments. You can imagine what that entailed. Then yesterday...two different guys show up and share a cigar. I personally would never smoke a cigar after someone else. Once you put your lips on it...its yours! Don't pass that crap back to me. I'll get another one to smoke! Whats your guys take? I've never seen it before but now that I pay attention, I have been noticing it more.

Comments

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Not too many guys I would swap spit with, as a matter of fact none come to mind. If you are in that much of a hurry, why even bother. Part of the enjoyment of smoking a cigar, for me, is the relaxation. Are you sure it was a cigar not a spliff.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    I would agree totally, never had any interest in sharing spit with another guy before. Perhaps there are other ways these 2 fellows you refer to have swapped spit before, and this cigar sharing isn't any big deal to them. Maybe it is like Vegas, and what go on in the pit stays in the pit?
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Yuck!!! The idea of share a cigar with a buddy is just gross unless it is a double happiness stick cut in half.
    The only time I don't mind sharing a stick for 1 or 2 puffs is with my wife. I think bearb is right they must have swapped spit before.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Puff Puff pass... LOL
  • Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    My brother in law and buddy bob and I, have smoked each others cigars before. We've never shared a single cigar, that just seems silly, but if one of us is smoking something new the other hasn't tried we might say "Hey can I take a puff off of that, I want to see if it's something I might want to purchase". I would never do it with a complete stranger but these guys are pretty much family so it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I share sticks with 3 people.
    1. My mother
    2. My GF
    3. My sister.

Note the pattern. All women.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Never, nope, no way.. Unless your Papillon, trying to barter for a boat at a Leper colony, one set of lips.. in any form, is all that should ever be laid upon a cigar...
  • Options
    Laws4Laws4 Posts: 9
    I personally have shared a stick or two before, but only back when i was just starting the hobby with a friend and we would only buy 1-2 cigars at a time. After we decided that we liked the hobby, that aspect of cigar smoking stopped very quickly. Especially considering the fact that we developed very different tastes in cigars. Its definitely something that I would not do anymore.

However, in my highly unscientific opinion, the people who have no problem sharing a stick with someone else usually smoke another...far more regulated...plant. Because of the different method, there's no negative stigma with regard to sharing. It's far more what they're used to than keeping a stick all to one's self.

• Options
    well does it change if someone asked "have you taken a swig from a buddies beer before?" I guess I just never thought of it. I'm not very afraid of germs myself, I kind of live life like whatever happens, happens.

Like I said, I would NEVER do it with a stranger, but even though my buddies are a bunch of freaks, I know where they've been so I'm cool with trading some puffs from time to time to try out why they are smoking and vice versa.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    NEVER...
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Never, nope, no way.. Unless your Papillon, trying to barter for a boat at a Leper colony, one set of lips.. in any form, is all that should ever be laid upon a cigar...
    Awesome reference!
    "How did you know I had dry leprocy?"
    "I didn't"

Maybe they were lepers and didn't mind sharing their disease with each other. Were they missing any finges, ears, nose??
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    The only thing i would share is a woman.... I would never share a cigar....
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I dont even get how you can get the feel for a cigar after one or two puffs?? I have been asked, "hey you want to try?" before and I'm like NO thanks, while they are holding their cigar out to me...uhh, are you f u k n crazy! Hell my wife dont even kiss me after she gives me a...nevermind.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    NEVER...
    +1
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    hahaha, this is funny. All you old guys 'fraid of cooties and stuff. I have a few buddies that are into cigars and we all have our own smokes, but we will take a few puffs off of someone elses if its something we wanted to try. So its really only 3 or 4 puffs, but I would never go 50-50 or share with a stranger. I don't see the harm in having a puff or 2 with a good friend.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Umm... No.
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Nice, great movie!!
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    kaspera79:
    Great movie!
  • Options
    ironhorse:
    hahaha, this is funny. All you old guys 'fraid of cooties and stuff. I have a few buddies that are into cigars and we all have our own smokes, but we will take a few puffs off of someone elses if its something we wanted to try. So its really only 3 or 4 puffs, but I would never go 50-50 or share with a stranger. I don't see the harm in having a puff or 2 with a good friend.
    +1
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Zeebraaaaaa...
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've passed a few lit objects in my time, and lived to tell about it. I think.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    it's war time. i can't complain about them shaing sticks while defending our right to not share. now tell those dude kissers to keep it to themselves. really though, if they are in to cigars, get them on here and maybe we can bomb them a bit with some stick they don't have to share
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Whatever floats your boat I guess. I sure wouldn't do that. Maybe we should get together and send them some cigars so they don't have to either.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    Zeebraaaaaa...
    Yes? You rang?? LOL!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    That is exactly what came to mind when I read the post, great movie.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever done that, cut a cigar in half to share? What does smoking it backwards do for flavor, would it be the same?
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    stephen_hannibal:
    1. My mother
    2. My GF
    3. My sister.

Yeah, but you're related to two of them bro. Would you share a stick with your brother or dad?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    jfaciane:
    stephen_hannibal:
    1. My mother
    2. My GF
    3. My sister.

Yeah, but you're related to two of them bro. Would you share a stick with your brother or dad?
    Thats not part of the pattern...

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had complete strangers come up to me and say the cigar smells good and ask me if they could have a "hit"

Thats just not right man.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I share my stick with almost anyone! But nobody better touch my cigar! LoL