Home Non Cigar Related
Options

No Sides but our Own

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Whether your a GOP or a Dem, one cannot deny the power that we as people of this country have lost. Whether it be protection from being arrested and held without charges, warrant less wire tapping, entries or whatever else the govt deems appropriate. We have seen our FED steel trillions of dollars to give to large corporations even overseas corporations, our workers are being fired, our laws only apply to those who cannot afford to buy their way out and the list goes on.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/this_is_what_resistance_looks_like_20110403/
A woman gets arrested for wearing a sign outside a bank... go figure.. I for one cannot understand while police officers, those who are no different than you or I can do this and not rebel. They continue to amaze as they are Sheppard for the ones who want to suppress the people and who really are the government. Shame on them and shame on anyone who uses their power to suppress people especially those who are peaceful.

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    And yet you want MORE, BIGGER Government.....?
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong cabbi, I am not for huge government, I'm for good government with regulation to protect it's citizens. You also have to remember the govt is us, which is made up of people who run it who we elect. However the people who we elect don't need us, they need money and do the best for the people who pay them, one is example of how we get all kinds of cuts to social services, services that we as the "public need" and those cuts are not cut just the money that was used for them are moved to subsidies for corporations. That is the problem.
  • Options
    For the record, we, you "US" have less government now and more of a oligarchy. Almost all of the protections that we as a people "commons" had many years ago have been decimated for corporate gain. From financial, environmental, medical, exports, jobs, safety, freedom, ... the list goes on.

A real nice example of hypocrisy is when Hillary was giving a speech on people fighting for their freedom/peaceful protesting (I think it was for Libya) and a Vietnam vet who is prone to protest war stood up and turned his back, and while he did that her secret service goons went after him and hit him in the head and such, and guess what, she kept talking while a peaceful protester was getting arrested and beat. Go figure.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no balm in Gilead...I've never been a big Hillary fan, but this is pitiful
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    A woman gets arrested for wearing a sign outside a bank... go figure.. I for one cannot understand while police officers, those who are no different than you or I can do this and not rebel. They continue to amaze as they are Sheppard for the ones who want to suppress the people and who really are the government. Shame on them and shame on anyone who uses their power to suppress people especially those who are peaceful.
    As a police officer, this made me laugh. Out loud. Hard.

See, you think we have "power". LOL!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    As a police officer, this made me laugh. Out loud. Hard.

See, you think we have "power". LOL!!!

LOL Me too.... Ask a San Francisco cop that one! LOL