Home General Discussion
Options

What Lancero Do You Want To See?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
The lancero has become one of my favorite sizes in many cigars over the past couple years. The love affair started with the El Triunfador lancero and lead me to try others. While talking with Bryan from Studio Tobac, he said with the overwhelming demand for the Cain F lanceros they are planning on making a limited release each year of the Cain F and Daytona in this size.

So my question is, what other cigars would everyone like to see in the lancero size? Off the top of my head I can think of the Tat Black and Padron 1926 Maduro. Anyone else have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Man o' War original and Ruination. Tatuaje Verocu.

This is a tough one. I really appreciate a good lancero, but I find myself at odds with the small ring gauge crowd that thinks a smaller ring gauge is necessarily better...I think it really depends on the cigar, so it's hard to say what would be good as a lancero. Having seen the above mentioned cigars in their respective corona vitolas and knowing how they perform, I'd say with confidence that each one would be quite good as a lancero.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Padron Anniversario and 1926. I have become a big fan of recent for Lanceros. That's good news to hear that Studio Tobac is willing to release the Cain F in Lancero form as this is my favorite cigar this year. That is a turn around from the start of the tour. I told my B&M that I like Lanceros and requested they start carrying them and he said they just don't sell. Funny, finding them online they are sold out all the time. His reluctancy may hurt him in the long run, Lanceros are back baby and they will be the format of choice for many.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Epernay, Fuente Anejo, Guillermo Leon, Man O' War.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Anejo, Ruination, Diesel UHC
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Camacho triple maduro.

• Options
    oh... and JdN Celebration
  • Options
    All good calls! I would be interested in the Oliva V Maduro in a lancero as well!
    One cigar that is on the market in a lancero size but I've never had is the Opus X. I've never seen them in my B&M but the first time I find one I'll be grabbing a few!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    As long as it draws better than the JDN Antano lancero. J. Drew straight up told me that he wasn't surprised I found a tree branch in the Antano lance I smoked this weekend. Was a pain in the ass to pull out. Love both blends though!

Would also like to see the Tatuaje Black blend in a lancero. I know the PL is out there, and is gonna be regular production... but I want a full sized, flag capped, closed foot, full production Black lancero. And I want it now.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    All good calls! I would be interested in the Oliva V Maduro in a lancero as well!
    One cigar that is on the market in a lancero size but I've never had is the Opus X. I've never seen them in my B&M but the first time I find one I'll be grabbing a few!
    The petite lancero might show up in the B&M, but the actual Lancero probably won't, unless Casa Fuente is your local B&M lol.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Onyx. They used to make one but I dont think CCOM carries it anymore, not sure if its even made any longer.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    5 Vegas AAA
  • Options
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    As long as it draws better than the JDN Antano lancero. J. Drew straight up told me that he wasn't surprised I found a tree branch in the Antano lance I smoked this weekend. Was a pain in the ass to pull out. Love both blends though!

awe man... i have one of these in the humidor right now. i hope it isnt a bad one.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Like others have mentioned, I would like to see the MOW Original and Ruination in a lancero size. I think the 262 Paradigm would be good in a lancero. Others I would like to see are Cain Daytona and CAO La Traviata.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    PuroFreak:
    The petite lancero might show up in the B&M, but the actual Lancero probably won't, unless Casa Fuente is your local B&M lol.
    I was referring to the petite lancero. I would love to get an actual lancero from Casa Fuente though.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    kind of a joke but maybe a Diesel Shorty Lancero? other than that maybe Ruination, Cuban Label, Guillermo Leon, and La Sirena