Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

UFC GSP Vs. Shields

Not sure how many UFC fans there are but wondering if anyone willing to some type of contest/bet on this saturday's fight? up for ideas and doesnt have to be just 2 of us maybe a few. just throwing it out there.

OK Taking Jozr idea here are the rules

Picks would be for the main card only. Each participant would enter in their picks for each main card fight; picks would consist of three criteria: Winner, Round it finishes in (dec= Rd 3 or 5 for title fights), and the method of the finish (KO/TKO, Submission, Decision). The picks would be scored on these three criteria for a total of 5 points available per fight, 3 for the correct winner, and one each for the other two criteria.

Ex: Shields Rd 2, Armbar submission is the pick. Say Shields wins in round 3 via guillotine choke, well I got 4 points for the winner and the submission pick, but nothing for the round.

Wager 5 sticks

Fight Card:
Bocek Vs Henderson
Couture Vs Machida
Matyushenko Vs Brilz
Aldo Vs Hominick
GSP Vs Shields

Picks Must be in by 8:59est Saturday April 30th

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm. I've got a thought, tell me what you think.

Picks would be for the main card only. Each participant would enter in their picks for each main card fight; picks would consist of three criteria: Winner, Round it finishes in (dec= Rd 3 or 5 for title fights), and the method of the finish (KO/TKO, Submission, Decision). The picks would be scored on these three criteria for a total of 5 points available per fight, 3 for the correct winner, and one each for the other two criteria.

Ex: Shields Rd 2, Armbar submission is the pick. Say Shields wins in round 3 via guillotine choke, well I got 4 points for the winner and the submission pick, but nothing for the round.

Anyway, that's one idea. I think the scoring of picks lends enough variance that there won't be several people with the same picks...hopefully. I don't know what a good wager would be, but maybe a five pack of premium, hand-mades from each participant to the winner.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I am into UFC and am in for whatever .... My sticks are on GSP .... I like Sheilds but he is not in Gsp's class ..... In typical GSP fasion 5 rounds unanimous decision for the winner and still champion GSP
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    j0z3r:
    Hmm. I've got a thought, tell me what you think.

Anyway, that's one idea. I think the scoring of picks lends enough variance that there won't be several people with the same picks...hopefully. I don't know what a good wager would be, but maybe a five pack of premium, hand-mades from each participant to the winner.
    Love the idea those are the rules updated the 1st post with fight card and rules. Going with 5 stick buy in.
    Cool. Gonna get my picks in.

Henderson, rd 2 via guillotine choke

Machida rd 2 via TKO (sorry Randy)

Matyushenko Rd 3 UD

Aldo rd 4 via rear naked choke

St. Pierre rd 3 via TKO

Ok so I am in and my pics are

Henderson rd 3 TKO
    Machida rd 1 TKO
    Matyusheno rd 3 Decision
    Aldo rd 4 Arm Bar
    GSP rd 5 Decision
    There have just got to be more UFC fans in here that want to throw down some sticks.
    j0z3r:
    There have just got to be more UFC fans in here that want to throw down some sticks.
    I was thinking the same thing. ill get my picks up prob friday or sat
    bump
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Henderson, Rd1, submission (Rear Naked Choke)
    Machida,Rd 3, decision
    Brilz, Rd 2, submission (Kimura)
    Aldo, Rd 5, decision
    GSP, Rd 1, TKO

I added submission methods for 20 pts extra credit each ;-)
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Just a little FYI Marty, Aldo v Hominick is a title fight.
    j0z3r:
    Just a little FYI Marty, Aldo v Hominick is a title fight.
    Fixed it. Thanks, bro.
    Bocek - Rd2 Rear Naked Choke
    Couture - Rd2 TKO
    Brilz - Rd3 Decision
    Aldo - Rd1 TKO
    Shields - Rd3 Triangle
    Ok so doe's any else feel that 2 of the 3 judges in the GSP fight were watching a different fight than me ...... I mean come om GSP 48-47 at least 1 of the judges had it right 50-45 ..... Ok i'll maybe give Shields 1 round but by no means would I gove him a 10-8 round ............. YIKES ...... So the final score card is

Henderson rd3 dec
    Machida rd2 TKO
    Matsiawhatshisface rd1 TKO
    Aldo 5rd dec
    GSP rd5 dec

So I tallied it all up and come up with

Jozer 17
    King 19
    Lil 14
    Rasch 8

I guess that makes me the wiener ....... Any one wanna double check I have had a few soda pops tonight.
    I think I came up with a similar tally...damn, so close. Just goes to show GSP can't be counted on to fight like he wants to finish. Congrats King, shoot me your info and I'll try to get a pack out tomorrow.
    Congrats, Jim!. I still have your info. Some smokes comin your way!
    So what did you guys think of Machida? As much as I hate to see Randy lose, that kick was pretty damn cool...cooler, imo, than the one Anderson let loose on Vitor.
    That was a good fight and I love Machida, but he is a lot like Silva you just never know which fighter is gonna show up. The Randy KO was good but the spinning back fist on th undercard was better.
    My dvr screwed up the recording I only saw the last fight.
    king congrats and thanks for doing the score pm me your addy I'll get a box out to you late next week it alot going on with work
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    RaschNuts:
    My dvr screwed up the recording I only saw the last fight.
    king congrats and thanks for doing the score pm me your addy I'll get a box out to you late next week it alot going on with work
    You can watch it for free online.....shhhh don't tell anyone
    where?
    Any interest in doing another one of these for Edgar v. Maynard III? Same rules applied?
    So I apologize for the delay I got a package this week from J0z3r ..... Joe hit me up with some mighty fine sticks ...... all together 5 tasty looking sticks that I have yet to try .... A camacho Diploma, RP Patel Bros. Next Generation, La Riqueza, Tabacos Baez Series H, and a Cohiba XV ............. Thanks so much for the awesome hit Joe.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    And I see that no one picked Machida to win via "Karate Kid Crane Kick!"

***You're the best.... aroooound!***
    kingjk729:
    So I apologize for the delay I got a package this week from J0z3r ..... Joe hit me up with some mighty fine sticks ...... all together 5 tasty looking sticks that I have yet to try .... A camacho Diploma, RP Patel Bros. Next Generation, La Riqueza, Tabacos Baez Series H, and a Cohiba XV ............. Thanks so much for the awesome hit Joe.
    Enjoy them. Glad to hear they made it safe and sound, I always get a bit nervous when I don't hear about the pack landing.
    kingjk729:
    Please tell me you got the pack I sent too...... If I lose one more package through USPS, I'm gonna lose it.
    Yes Marty I got you're package and I did'nt post it here but I did post it in the good traders list section. I apologize .
    kingjk729:
    Yes Marty I got you're package and I did'nt post it here but I did post it in the good traders list section. I apologize .
    No worries, bro. Glad you got it. I've just been having some bad luck with packages going missing from USPS. They're currently "investigating" two of my lost packages. I can only imagine what that entails..... "Ya'all seen a box around here?"..... "Mmmmmm, nope."...... "Aw shiiiit. Fu*k it then".

Phone call to me: "Sorry sir. We regret to inform you that after an extensive and thorough investigation, we couldn't find your package."