Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Event

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Event. Something that takes place; an occurrence.
b. A significant occurrence or happening. See Synonyms at occurrence.
c. A social gathering or activity.

Went to a "My Fathers" event
$15
They handed me a Don Pepin Garcia and then told me how good the My Fathers cigar was. $15 more with a discount from the B&M!
man I can see why these shops struggle.

Comments

• Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    There's an Ashton/Patron Event this coming Friday at my B&M.A $10 ticket gets you a cigar and you get to sample the Patron line.Prepaid ticket gets you an extra stick.Now that's an event.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Event. Something that takes place; an occurrence.
    b. A significant occurrence or happening. See Synonyms at occurrence.
    c. A social gathering or activity.

Went to a "My Fathers" event
    $15
    They handed me a Don Pepin Garcia and then told me how good the My Fathers cigar was. $15 more with a discount from the B&M!
    man I can see why these shops struggle.
    That's lame!!! Seriously, I love DPG but if I went to that and that was my experience I'd have a hard time not being pretty grizzled toward his stuff for a while.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'm more than willing to pay the $15 for the pre-posted stick and get a chip and drink with it. That's why I go. To try new stuff. But this was odd. It was a My Fathers' event, but they gave you a DPG and then tried to sell you on the son's cigar's being new and different. Another thing. I spoke to the rep as he unloaded his wares from the trunk of his car!. It was 75° in N.O. today.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    yeah it is the ole Bait and switch... Thats why Shops around here that hold events get such salty comments and post afterwards... Its all Hype ... best event ive been to yet was LItto Gomez.. he was SOOO cool easy to talk to and GREAT DEALS on HIS CIGARS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That blows - I went to my first event last month. $25 got you 3 sticks(la aurora 107 and 2 nestor miranda's), anything off the menu, and 3 beers. Then I went to one last night and the guy sat inside while everyone else smoked outside.
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    james40:
    That blows - I went to my first event last month. $25 got you 3 sticks(la aurora 107 and 2 nestor miranda's), anything off the menu, and 3 beers. Then I went to one last night and the guy sat inside while everyone else smoked outside.
    Man, you're lucky! Where I'm at I've only seen a couple events and they are every other month or so. The next one isn't until May 13th, a Perdomo event and it's hosted by the same shop everytime. It'll be my first and I can't wait to attend to see what it's all about, but I wish there were more for me to attend. Maybe in Tampa there's more, IDK?
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    beatnic:
    I'm more than willing to pay the $15 for the pre-posted stick and get a chip and drink with it. That's why I go. To try new stuff. But this was odd. It was a My Fathers' event, but they gave you a DPG and then tried to sell you on the son's cigar's being new and different. Another thing. I spoke to the rep as he unloaded his wares from the trunk of his car!. It was 75° in N.O. today.
    WHODAT!! Brother, WHODAT! Lol. Man it's 90 here in FL bruh, I miss LA so bad.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whiskey in the Park in San Jose with cigars. They're partnering with West Coast Cigar as far as I can tell and you can upgrade your whiskey ticket for an additional $50 to include two cigars. It's at the same time as the MKE herf on June 26th so I won't be going, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/whisky-in-the-park-tickets-157293030689

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised Cali let's you smoke in the park.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

I know, right?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

$50 for two cigars? Better be damn good cigars.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Two cigars and a Masterclass, whatever that is. It's primarily a Whiskey tasting event.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Two cigars and a Masterclass, whatever that is. It's primarily a Whiskey tasting event.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leroy Green clearly proves that he is.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sho enuff.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.