Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Olivero's Eight Zero

kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
So while on vacation I got to try a bunch of firsts for myself and the Olivero's Eight Zero was one of them ....... This is also the first time that I have reviewed a cigar so be gentile. So the cigar was a 6x60 preferido and is wrapped in an ultra toothy and oily Honduran Habano wrapper. The pre light aroma was fantastic with a slight hint of sweet and a perfect pre light draw

Upon lighting this cigar the first third was very consistent, lots of smoke and very strong earthy and leathery notes, the burn was very good considering a strong constant ocean breeze . Towards the end of the 1st third this cigar started to produce a little bit of sweetness .
The second third of this cigar was even better than the first third with the earthy notes taking a back seat to some leather, the cigar continued to produce lots of hearty smoke and the burn remained good for conditions , the slight sweetness continued through the 2nd third of this stick.
The final third of this stick did not disappoint as the leather remained and the sweetness became very subdued and a bit of spice started to come through. The cigar remained very consistent with the burn and amounts of smoke and the draw was perfect for the entire cigar.
My final thoughts on this cigar were great, the cigar had about 5 months on it when I smoked it and lasted just over an hour and a half and while the burn wasn't perfect, but it never needed to be touched up ( uneven burn I would contribute to the strong breeze) the draw was fantastic and the cigar very tasty. I would consider this cigar to be a solid medium stick with a medium to fuller finish. My wife who also enjoyed a bit of the cigar said that she was really shocked at smooth the cigar was even though it was such a dark wrapper. I would strongly consider trying this cigar out .

Comments

• Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I pick some up at a DD like 9 months ago and I like them a lot better then I expected.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I truly have a feeling that this stick is going to impress a few people and has some serious potential for aging.