Home Non Cigar Related
Options

$65 @ the pump today...

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Not everyone lives in a city, not everyone lives within 10 miles of the grocery store or their work, and not everyone buys SUV's for looks or as a status symbol. A lot of people need the cargo room, off-road ruggedness, and towing power that a Civic or electric car can't possibly match.

If you live in or near a city, an electric makes sense, just like a bicycle or moped might; if you live farther out, or need to haul stuff, an electric vehicle is idiotic.

There are a lot of people who "thinik" they need a SUV and really dont. There are many people who actually do but I am tired of seeing hummers, expiditions, and tahoes at the soccer field.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    unless you live miles from a pump, why not only fill it half way and fill twice as often, that way you're not driving round with the extra weight of half a tank of gas, which in the long run could save you a lot of money.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Goldy:
    xmacro:
    Not everyone lives in a city, not everyone lives within 10 miles of the grocery store or their work, and not everyone buys SUV's for looks or as a status symbol. A lot of people need the cargo room, off-road ruggedness, and towing power that a Civic or electric car can't possibly match.

If you live in or near a city, an electric makes sense, just like a bicycle or moped might; if you live farther out, or need to haul stuff, an electric vehicle is idiotic.

There are a lot of people who "thinik" they need a SUV and really dont. There are many people who actually do but I am tired of seeing hummers, expiditions, and tahoes at the soccer field.
    True; no doubt there's plenty of people who don't need them.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    People don't really "need" much of anything if you put it that way. I didn't really "need" my Chevy 1500 when I had it, but I liked it and I could afford it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    She said "****"
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    im with u....who cares if u see 500 hummers going down the road at once...it doesnt mattter...they arent the cause for high prices at the pump and we do live in a sorta free country....my audi doesnt get much better....19 -22 in town, and 23-26 on the highway.....the hummer h3 gets 15 town/20highway....so realistically its not that much of a dramatic difference. lol..and if they can pay for it, let em.

Some of those SUV/truck drivers would look at u smoking a cigar and say, why r u smoking a 6dollar cigar, thats 1.5gallons of gas u could have saved and used in ur vehicle......see the point yet? We all have something to *** about...mine is my dam gf buying so many fukin pairs of shoes....her closet now would hold close to 100 pairs!!!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well the GOP once again showed who they are in congress for, they voted to keep oil subsides from being taken away. Once again they support their masters!!
    http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/159187-democrats-will-force-vote-thursday-on-bill-to-repeal-key-oil-tax-break
    http://thinkprogress.org/2011/05/05/exxon-profits-gop-loves/