Osama.....

mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
Done, next mission

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Can't hide forever.
    Light 'em up.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run, but you just die tired! Thanks and prayers for those military people who put their lives on the line to take him out.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    GOOD RIDDANCE!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Right on. I may have to smoke a celebratory cigar tonight for this.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    +1 there. Next...
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Anyone remember the playing cards the military had made up after 9/11, which had the names and pics of the 52 most wanted on them? I wonder how many of those bastardos are currently taking dirt naps?

Dear BOTL still in uniform - any idea on this?

• mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I have a set of those cards somewhere, I should cross check when a get a spare second.
    We cleared most of them out, there used to be a website that had this info updated daily. I am looking for it, but this is the deck you're talking about, correct?

Deck of Cards
    That'd be the one, thanks RC!

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    We cleared most of them out, there used to be a website that had this info updated daily. I am looking for it, but this is the deck you're talking about, correct?

Deck of Cards

I still have mine. Man, that bring back some crazy memories. Just happy we are getting these guys.
    Dumbass attack - just realized that one was only for our Iraqi "friends", not Al Queda.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    if you ask me, we should've brought his body back and strung it up down at Ground Zero...just sayin...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    if you ask me, we should've brought his body back and strung it up down at Ground Zero...just sayin...
    I agreed with this wholeheartedly at first, but I've since been convinced of how bad an idea this is. While it gives some closure, it simultaneously gives a place for inspiration and hero worship for those who would do so, and those numbers would start to grow quickly. Its best that he be eaten slowly by bottom feeders at the bottom of an ocean.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Krieg:
    I agreed with this wholeheartedly at first, but I've since been convinced of how bad an idea this is. While it gives some closure, it simultaneously gives a place for inspiration and hero worship for those who would do so, and those numbers would start to grow quickly. Its best that he be eaten slowly by bottom feeders at the bottom of an ocean.
    I agree with the second sentiment. He got what he deserved, popped in the face and dropped off a boat.
  • ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48
    Krieg:

Not only would it become a shrine to extremists, but IMO it is also disrespectful to all those who died at ground zero. I doubt if any of their families or friends would be interested in having Bin Laden's body at the sight of their loved one's graves.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    He got what he deserved, popped in the face and dropped off a boat.
    Too soon for a Natalee Halloway joke here?....different kind of pop of cours.e
    Vulchor:
    alienmisprint:
    He got what he deserved, popped in the face and dropped off a boat.
    Too soon for a Natalee Halloway joke here?....different kind of pop of cours.e
    Damn....where's Lassie when you need him.....
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about his carcass in the ocean, and his head on a stick at ground zero? Just trying to please everyone.
    ? Saddam Hussein ? Osama Bin? Laden ? Justin Bieber 2/3 ain't bad!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    ? Saddam Hussein ? Osama Bin? Laden ? Justin Bieber 2/3 ain't bad!
    +1!!!! lmao Awesome!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Praise to the men and women of our military who give everything of themselves so evil sh*ts like bin Laden no longer get to breathe the same air as us. The US Navy seals that carried out this operation are heroes in the truest sense of the word, and I bet if they could comment on it, they'd humbley say they were just doing their jobs, while they put everything on the line. Hope they get a family vacation out of this.
    I hope with every fiber of my being as an American citizen that the members of that SEAL team get to split the $25 million bounty that was on UBL's head. THAT would be justice IMHO.

The Sniper:
    I hope with every fiber of my being as an American citizen that the members of that SEAL team get to split the $25 million bounty that was on UBL's head. THAT would be justice IMHO.

We (soldiers) had this discussion during my deployment in Iraq. We were bringing these guys down left and right, almost all of them had bounties, and we got zilch. While I would love to see an exception to policy for this one, I don't think its gonna happen.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    The Sniper:

We (soldiers) had this discussion during my deployment in Iraq. We were bringing these guys down left and right, almost all of them had bounties, and we got zilch. While I would love to see an exception to policy for this one, I don't think its gonna happen.
    While it ain't money, you guys have my deepest admiration and respect. Thank you for putting it all on the line every day and delivering the goods to bring these MF'ers down.
    y2pascoe:
    While it ain't money, you guys have my deepest admiration and respect. Thank you for putting it all on the line every day and delivering the goods to bring these MF'ers down.

Trust me when I say, 'That is the reason the majority of us do this job.' Both to bring them down and for a thankful nation.
    DSWarmack:
    y2pascoe:

Trust me when I say, 'That is the reason the majority of us do this job.' Both to bring them down and for a thankful nation.
    ...but $25 million wouldn't hurt....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I think the $25 MIL should go to the families of the victims of 9/11 and spread out to other charities for wounded warriors and families of fallen soldiers..... just my .02.

Thank you to our military. You do us proud.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I think the $25 MIL should go to the families of the victims of 9/11 and spread out to other charities for wounded warriors and families of fallen soldiers..... just my .02.

+1
    mfotis:
    lilwing88:

+1
    +2.....That's a damn fine idea.