Home General Discussion

Just signed up my test

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
that I've been studying for for the last 2.5 months. Taking it Friday morning, if I pass it, I am gonna smoke something good that night, probably will stop on the way home at Tworld or something. I would ask for suggestions, but I don't wanna jinx myself (it's the old ball player in me). But if by some miracle I do pass, I will make sure to post what I decide on!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Good luck to you. What test are you taking?
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    G'luck Chris!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Good luck to you. What test are you taking?
    VMware VCP 410 (computer stuff)

"Long ashes my friends."

doromath:
    G'luck Chris!
    thanks dan, I'm gonna need it!

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Good luck, Chris. Knock it outta the park!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Good Luck, that test is a B!@tch!!!
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Good Luck
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Good luck man.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Good luck on your test. I've been using VMware a lot in college this year. All of our Linux Administration and Server 2008R2 courses used VMs for everything. Very interresting stuff. I didn't know there was a certification for VMware.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Good for you! I'm taking my CCNA soon. Mine expired back in 2006 and a lot of things have changed since then.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Good luck, and a good smoke for when you ace it! I've got my Pro Tools certifications coming up and I'm hitting the books with everything I've got, save a hammer.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Chris...fire up something special!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Good luck man! If you pass maybe we'll all bomb you with some of your all time fav sticks.......Swisher Sweets! :p
    camgfs:
    Good luck on your test. I've been using VMware a lot in college this year. All of our Linux Administration and Server 2008R2 courses used VMs for everything. Very interresting stuff. I didn't know there was a certification for VMware.

Yeah, they're several certs actually. all the way up to a data center architect cert...which is where u sit in front of a 4 person board and get grilled for a few hours on a solution you create.

"Long ashes my friends."

thanks guys for all the well wishes. Good news is that VMware is having a promo right now w/ a free retake if I fail...so at least I can get a free retake. ($175 per test!)

"Long ashes my friends."

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I feel ya though, I hate having to pay a bunch of money for tests. When I got my microsoft certs, I had to pay a bunch of money for those damn tests. Good luck.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Good luck Chris and I hear you on the steep certification expenses. I'm looking at a few things as well, not computer related in any way, hahaha. But were trying to work them into the budget. Its a pain but worth it alot of times. So good luck to you man.
  • millennium115millennium115 Posts: 839
    best of luck bro!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    that I've been studying for for the last 2.5 months. Taking it Friday morning, if I pass it, I am gonna smoke something good that night, probably will stop on the way home at Tworld or something. I would ask for suggestions, but I don't wanna jinx myself (it's the old ball player in me). But if by some miracle I do pass, I will make sure to post what I decide on!
    Tommorrow is the big day eh, Chris? Good luck bro', hope all goes as well as you hope it does. Will this be a new career for you or an advancement in your present one? Whichever it is, here's hoping it's a slam dunk for you sir.
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys, just thought I'd let you all know that I just got back from taking my test and I passed with a 411/500!!! (300 is passing) I told my wife I am stopping on the way home today at my B&M and picking up a Padron 1926 or something even nicer! I welcome suggestions!

"Long ashes my friends."

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Congrats man. I would stick to the 26. It's never let me down.
    rossdavey2:
    Congrats man. I would stick to the 26. It's never let me down.
    sounds good to me, I've never had one (only the 1964)

"Long ashes my friends."

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Congrats brother!!! All the hard work will make that cigar taste sweeeet
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations Chris. The 1926 is a great choice for such an occassion. Well done.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the great news brother, Congrats.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    was this for your job?
    phobicsquirrel:
    was this for your job?
    In a way, but it was more for me.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats brother! Fire up your nicest Swisher....lol
    ENFIDL:
    Congrats brother! Fire up your nicest Swisher....lol