Home General Discussion

So I'm finally getting around to...

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Telling you guys about my weekend this past one. Went to a friend's concert at UA in Akron Friday night, and followed that up with his singing group's after-party at his house. It felt odd that I was one of the older guys there, but there were plenty of women there, which was a nice change from the normal weekend here in Norwalk. I spent the time there walking around with a rainbow-colored wine glass drinking my way through a bottle of '06 St. Francis Cabernet from Sonoma County CA, talking to his friends and all of their female counterparts. I managed to get some digits, but they haven't really produced yet like I'd hoped. One in particular was a real sweetheart, and I hope I hear back from her.

After the wine was all gone, I decided to be a real badass, and (since everyone else in the house was smoking cigarettes) I lit up a Graycliff Platinum and walked around the house smoking that for the rest of the night (read: very early morning). It was amazing how so many of the people there thought I was some sort of wizard or other magical/mystical being for drinking wine and smoking a cigar at a party with a cooler full of Electric Lemonade and a stock-tank full of PBR and Busch Light in the next room (srsly?). I ended up going to bed at like 4:30-5am when most of the free-loaders started clearing out, and woke up freezing my ass off, and so decided that was as good a time as any to hit the road.

Back to earlier last week, I'd called up kuzi to see what he was doing early Saturday and it just so happened that he wasn't working, and so I told him to meet me at his shop that morning for some conversation and the obligatory swapping of cigars among BORKs after the soiree at my buddy's house. It was good to see the shop again, especially since I hadn't yet seen the completed renovations (the last time having been there was just after they had started). I brought him some of my local shop owner's blends to review, and he gave me a San Lotano Habano torpedo (is that right kuzi?) straight from the aging room in Nicaragua.

We talked for a bit, and smoked our smokes, me lighting up a Cu-Avana Intenso torpedo with my coffee, him a 3x3 Churchill (Davidoff second). A pretty cool guy around our age came in while we were there that neither of us had met before, but he seemed to know what he was talking about when it came to cigars so we all three talked for a while.

I left at about 1:15 and headed home to get ready for my roomie's and my BBQ party at our place later that night. We had quite a few people over and finally made it through a lot of the older beer we'd had in the fridge for a while, before several of us deciding to go out to the bar. The weekend was capped off on Sunday in glorious fashion with free belated Easter lunch at the local homestyle restaurant named Berry's, after which my dad and I took the truck and trailer down south of Findlay on 75 to get this:

Photobucket

Hopefully this week I'll have time to tweak the electrical system in it so that the fuel pump actually pumps fuel, and possibly set up the insurance for it and get the thing registered. All-in-all it was a pretty good weekend!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you werent kidding. that thing does look great.
    and yes it was a san lotano habano topedo right from the Aging room in the AJ Fernandez factory.
    enjoy it.
    i know i will enjoy the cigars you brought for me.
    i cant wait for the Lake Erie monster. if i get time tomorrow i will review.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nice action packed weekend!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ahh...to be not married.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    and yes it was a san lotano habano topedo right from the Aging room in the AJ Fernandez factory.
    enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm really excited about it kuzi. The fuel pump is still good in it, as are the switches so I think the relay that controls where the fuel pump gets power from during operation is bad. The only problem is I don't know where it is, LOL. It does need some TLC and possibly some plastics later on down the road but she'll hold up for a while.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:
    enjoy it.

Yeah, I'm really excited about it kuzi. The fuel pump is still good in it, as are the switches so I think the relay that controls where the fuel pump gets power from during operation is bad. The only problem is I don't know where it is, LOL. It does need some TLC and possibly some plastics later on down the road but she'll hold up for a while.

Well, I fixed it!!! Sort of. I guess when the last owner put in the new battery he didn't fully charge it like you're supposed to and all it needed was a jump. It sure was frustrating trying to figure out what was wrong with it when all of the electrical connections have power where and when they're supposed to. I actually figured it out by accident. I was testing an electrical connection and the battery went dead from trying to start it so many times, so I had to jump the bike with my car. After i hooked it up, i kept testing connections and tried to start it and it roared to life. really had to let off the idle control a bit, but it's pretty good now!