Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Happy Star Wars Day

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
May The Force be with you.

Comments

• Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    This is by far the greatest "made up" holiday!! I should be off from work today at home watching all 6 movies back to back to........to back. I'd fast-forward thru good chunks on Episodes II and VI though, those were crap IMO.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    dwayne3307:
    This is by far the greatest "made up" holiday!! I should be off from work today at home watching all 6 movies back to back to........to back. I'd fast-forward thru good chunks on Episodes II and VI though, those were crap IMO.
    Agreed that it's the best made up holiday ever. I would watch all 6 episodes too, but I'll pass on the Anakin/Padme scenes in Episode 2. Those were some of the most cringe-inducing scenes in cinematic history.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    sightunseen:
    dwayne3307:
    Agreed that it's the best made up holiday ever. I would watch all 6 episodes too, but I'll pass on the Anakin/Padme scenes in Episode 2. Those were some of the most cringe-inducing scenes in cinematic history.
    +1. It's amazing how bad that kid's acting was; I've seen better in B-rated knock-offs. You'd figure something with something as big as Star Wars, they could've found someone who didn't learn acting from a waitress at Hooters
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    dwayne3307:
    Did you just call The Return of the Jedi crap???
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    dwayne3307:
    I don't get all the hate for those scenes!!!!?

I am a huge SW fan and I know many of my ILK are always blasting those scenes... OH the crappy acting, it's so horrible... blah, blah, blah.

problem is, GL even said he wanted to show young, forbidden love. Now one also has to realize that for Jedi attachment is forbidden and I'm sure Anakin got a lot of one on one with girls...
    Simply put, he was a huge mis-match of feelings and fears. I mean I'm sure all of you were sly and had all the one liners in tact when you all first had a GF. I think sure, it's corny but hell, so is all love; especially young love.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    dwayne3307:
    lol, I'll second the ewoks for being crap. I think jar jar was more interesting that those teddy bears... but ROTJ as a whole is a great film.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I went to see rotj 11 times in the theater, loved it. I wanted one of those speeders.... still want one...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    dwayne3307:
    lol, I'll second the ewoks for being crap. I think jar jar was more interesting that those teddy bears... but ROTJ as a whole is a great film.
    Sorry, should've went a little further with my comments. The movie was good, the Ewoks were crap. Plus Yoda dies in that one so when you add that to the Ewoks it's a big thumbs down for me. I didn't really care for Jar Jar much either but at least he was funny at times. Darth Maul saved episode I for me. I really hate that they killed him off.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    cabinetmaker:
    I went to see rotj 11 times in the theater, loved it. I wanted one of those speeders.... still want one...
    no kidding... I actually made one when I was a kid... out of cardboard and 2x4's... although stationary isn't as much fun as 300 mph
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    What pisses me off is that Lucas is constantly changing the existing movies IV-VI. I am sorry Han is the only shooter against Greedo and Hayden Cristiansen being put in as an apparition at the end of ROTJ just horrible. Lucas was interviewed and said all of the existing movies would never be complete, sucks.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    cabinetmaker:
    I wanted one of those speeders.... still want one...
    Hell yeah, Cabi. Right there with you on this one.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hot slave costume.... awesome.....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    dwayne3307:
    I HOPE YOU DIE IN THE FACE!!!!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK AN UNKIND WORD ABOUT THE INHABITANTS OF THE FOREST MOON OF ENDOR!!!!!!!! YOU TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!! YOU TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    dwayne3307:
    I HOPE YOU DIE IN THE FACE!!!!! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK AN UNKIND WORD ABOUT THE INHABITANTS OF THE FOREST MOON OF ENDOR!!!!!!!! YOU TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!! YOU TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Somebody still wears his Ewok costume every halloween doesn't he???? lol
  • Options
    dwayne3307:
    alienmisprint:
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    dwayne3307:
    Somebody still wears his Ewok costume every halloween doesn't he???? lol
    Huh? Hallowe....oh, yeah, yeah. I wear that at Halloween, yep, just Halloween.