Home Cigar 101
Options

Padilla Hybrid???

ljlljl Posts: 819
Anybody tried these? I have a buddy that is toying with the idea of picking some up. Never had one myself - told him I had some people I could ask, that'd be you guys.

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm interested to know as well, I've really been thinking about picking up some of these.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them. They tend to be on the mild side, but with a nice flavor.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wasnt a fan.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I have a review of these up at WBFiller.com

They're a very sweet and cedary smoke with a long finish. Decent everyday stick. Not everyone likes them though. I'd suggest trying one or two out. They're only 3 bucks a stick.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ljl:
    Anybody tried these? I have a buddy that is toying with the idea of picking some up. Never had one myself - told him I had some people I could ask, that'd be you guys.
    not a bad cheap stick imo

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i wasnt a fan.
    +1
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    They are a little on the mild side but have nice flavors. For the price, if you are looking for a golf stick or yard gar or even if you enjoy milder sticks this is a winner. IMO
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    They are a little on the mild side but have nice flavors. For the price, if you are looking for a golf stick or yard gar or even if you enjoy milder sticks this is a winner. IMO
    +1 but for me it started out mild and finished a bit more like a medium. All in all a very nice all purpose smoke in my book.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Foe me the one I had was perfect for what I was doing: driving. It's tasty enough, mild in body and had good construction. Great stick for when you're not looking for a cigar to be your main focus.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I wasn't impressed either
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I will not be running out for these anytime soon.

Edit note... I love the 1932 by Padilla.
  • Options
    noted, interest gone....lol thanks
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    I'm interested to know as well, I've really been thinking about picking up some of these.
    Hey brother I think I got a couple extra hybrids in my humidor that I could send you if you want to try them. i think it is a decent smoke so if interest PM your address and I will get them out to you.
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    ENFIDL:
    Hey brother I think I got a couple extra hybrids in my humidor that I could send you if you want to try them. i think it is a decent smoke so if interest PM your address and I will get them out to you.
    I think I'm gonna hold off on them right now but I really appreciate the offer!! Very generous of you!!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    MTuccelli:
    ENFIDL:
    I think I'm gonna hold off on them right now but I really appreciate the offer!! Very generous of you!!
    You are right his offer was very generous and you should have accepted. I think you have just denied yourself a nice experience with a very value priced stick. There are gems out there like these, but only the brave who try them find these little gems and because of the lack of slaes or hype, these sticks stay available and cheap. Not a combination that the consumers gets a chance at much these days.
  • Options
    The single batch 17rc is just as cheap, available, and better
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Never heard of it. Is it available at c.com?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    ENFIDL:
    MTuccelli:
    ENFIDL:
    You are right his offer was very generous and you should have accepted. I think you have just denied yourself a nice experience with a very value priced stick. There are gems out there like these, but only the brave who try them find these little gems and because of the lack of slaes or hype, these sticks stay available and cheap. Not a combination that the consumers gets a chance at much these days.
    I said right now, maybe it's because of a lack of humi space laker...
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    laker1963:
    ENFIDL:
    MTuccelli:
    ENFIDL:
    I said right now, maybe it's because of a lack of humi space laker...
    Sorry if I offended. I was trying to make a point about the stick and others like it more then trying to piss you off. Seems I acheived both, and this isn't even the political forum.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    Never heard of it. Is it available at c.com?
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=991
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Mmmm....I am gonna have to give those a try
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I've had this twice... Not a bad smoke but I wouldn't go buy a box of them... I'm more into a full body cigar