Home General Discussion

Avo question

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Is the avo 787 not being made anymore? Also if you had a choice between the a box of either Avo 787 or Avo LE07, which way would you go?

Anyone had both that wants to share some thoughts? Thanks!

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Is the avo 787 not being made anymore? Also if you had a choice between the a box of either Avo 787 or Avo LE07, which way would you go?

Anyone had both that wants to share some thoughts? Thanks!

Avo 787, very flavorful that's what I remember the most. Nutty , chocolate flavors that was medium strength. No mildness, but not over the top. Very straight forward in strength.

Avo LE07, from what I remember it was mild and woody throughout the whole stick. Very dry to me.

Both are different, but had my attention for different reasons. The Avo LE07 is limited addition and hard to find. Where as your saying the Avo 787 may be at it's end. I haven't heard that. But you know I'm about to research that. If it was up to me, I would buy the Avo 787. It was more balance to me. Once again these are my opinions and I had two of each. And now I'm thinking I need to find out the truth about the 787. Because I like that one. Hope this helps some Shawn...
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rick! I dont think the 787s are going out either, dont know where I heard they were. But I read a tons of reviews last night and if I was to compare the 787 to the LE07, LE got much better ratings and also HTF now. I was told earlier today that the 787 is a production line cigar and should be available, so no worries.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the avo 787 is almost the same blend as the legendary Avo 22. (7+8+7=22).
    The Avo 22 still holds the highest rating in my catalog at a stunning 97.

they are not going away on a permanent basis. they are going away for a (very) short time. Avo is letting all the current stock be sold down if not out and then starting over with new packaging. they are taking a quick pause.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi is right. AVO 787 is taking a quick pause to redesign the packaging. Winston Churchill from Davidoff, however, is being discontinued for a while to be re-blended. I hope it's going to be a good change because I really love the Winston Churchill blend.