Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Eagle scouts

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I'v posted asking about NRA members, now I was wondering how many Eagle scouts we have on the boards. I'm one and was able to get it and a bronze palm before my 18th birthday.

anyone else?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Life. 2MBs short . They had girls in the Explorers. LOL
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nope but I knew a lot of people in the Army that were.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    iim scout leader my local troop. 29th Newport sea scout
    is it true that the leaders(or what ever you call them, guys running it) get paid to do it in the states?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, no, but we were with a church.

I don't know about schools and other programs though.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    The BSA is a completely volunteer organization until you get to the state level slots from what I understand. I screwed around too much to get my Eagle, when I finally straightened up, not enough time left. Hopefully my kids will learn something from all these mistakes I've made!
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I quit Scouts pretty early on but I helped my friend complete his Eagle Scout project. We spent a whole summer building an observation deck and two sets of stairs, one wooden and one rock, on one of the MetroPark trails in our town.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    DSWarmack:
    The BSA is a completely volunteer organization until you get to the state level slots from what I understand. I screwed around too much to get my Eagle, when I finally straightened up, not enough time left. Hopefully my kids will learn something from all these mistakes I've made!
    Do you tell them not to smoke? hehe.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    No, I tell my kids that they can smoke if they want to. It will be the most costly decision of their life. The costs start with rent 'cause if I catch them smoking they are going out on their @$$!!! I also tell them not to shoot at people, they have a hard time with that one too!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Life. 2MBs short . They had girls in the Explorers. LOL
    Same here. My little brother is though, and I'm sure my other two little brothers will eventually.

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Got mine back in 2003 :) had to wait to do my ceremony until I got back from boot camp because my paperwork wasn't back from BSA HQ in Texas. I loved scouts over 35 merit badges, OA Brotherhood, Philmont twice. Started as a Tiger Cub when I was 5.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Never was a scout, but I spent a childhood running through the woods learning it all the hard way. Enjoyed every second of it.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    My son (stepson if being exact) is 17 and doing his eagle project this summer. He turns 18 in October and should be getting his Eagle in September.