Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Trade auction for the DCCC.

I am putting some items up for auction to support the DCCC. All Items were donated for the express purpose of the DCCC. Only two people have shown up the last three weeks for the cigar club meetings and I am going to use the stuff from this auction as incentive to get people showing back up.

All items are for trade or cash. Any cigar related items will be considered. A good reliable lighter that is in perfect working condition, but scratched to hell is perfectly acceptable. We are not looking for perfect things, just things that work. Cigars are also acceptable items as trades, bulk or everyday sticks will be perfect. We are not looking for Opus X's just something a grade above hay to smoke.

You can bid as often as you like on as many items as you like. You can offer up multiple items for a single item, or a single item for a single item, or a single item for multiple items. No bids will be taken before 0000 9MAY2011, and none after 0000 15MAY2001. This gives everyone one week to make their bids. It will be an open auction, just reply with the items you have for trade, and what you want to trade for. Bip and I will be the deciding party for the DCCC, as we are the ones trying to keep this going.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item: A K. Hansotia & Co Backpack
PhotobucketPhotobucketright pocket
Photobucketcloseup of pocketcloseup of top
This would make an excellent book bag for a high school or college student. It is made from light-medium weight nylon. It has two side pockets, plus an internal divider on the back. It has D-rings for attaching things to the top of the bag. Looks like an old school rucksack.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item: A collectors tin (empty)
Photobucket
This item is a five finger collectors tin. Perfect for placing on a shelf or putting in a plaque to give some decoration to the barren walls of your man-cave.
Item: Art of War T-shirt
PhotobucketBack of shirtfront of shirtinside of shirt
This shirt says large, but it looks more like a bigger medium. Nice looking shirt!
Item: A pair of Gurkha Regent Metal posters (you may also bid separately on these items)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
These posters are metal with vinyl graphics on the front. They each come with a flush hanging mount. Perfect for the walls of your man-cave or living room.
Item: Pair of Gurkha Coffee mugs (you may also bid separately on these items)
coffee mug
These over sized coffee mugs are a perfect way to enjoy that morning coffee with your first smoke of the day. High quality mugs, sure to last through a lifetime of cigars.
Item: Two cigar boxes (you may also bid separately on these items)
front of boxes
Here we have two cigar boxes. One of them (Kopi) housed lightly infused cigars. The La fontana box housed non-infused cigars.
ALL ITEMS: I looked at these items and they are all in good shape. I did notice an errant scratch or two on one of the posters. I did not look these items over with a magnifying glass, and I make no guarantee of their condition. I am not into trading crap items though so be assured that all items are exactly as they are in the pictures. If you have any questions you can PM or email me, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Nice items up for bid. If I'm interested in an item should I post it on the forum what I have for trade or would you rather do it via PM or email? Also will you be adding any other items between now and when the bidding starts? Thanks and this looks fun.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thanks Tony you typed what my brain though....lol I am pretty interested in a few of them!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Thanks Tony you typed what my brain though....lol I am pretty interested in a few of them!
    It's a Jedi mind trick I learned from Kuzi....I read your thoughts through the computer.
  • Options
    I see, that's why my brain feels so violated :( lol
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    If I find anything that I think members would like to bid on not currently listed, I will start a new auction at a later date. That way no one feels like they were slighted.

As for the bids, I think that an open auction lets people know what the stakes are and if they have a chance at getting something. So just post it here, and Bip and I will let you know throughout the day who is winning on what item. In this auction though, because we are accepting trades of items, I will consult with Bip (Morg) and get his input so that we can decide on how much 'worth' an item has to the DCCC. If someone offers up a really nice cutter ($30), for instance, it would have less 'worth' than two decent use able 5 pack herf-a-dors ($10 apiece), because we have a boatload of cutters and punches thanks to the guys here!
  • Options
    VIOLATED? Now that's a jedi trick I'm learning from Lassy.
  • Options
    That'd explain why I'm tasting and craving miller light all of the sudden......
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Those are some nice pieces DS, hmmmm. Now I'm thinking.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    That'd explain why I'm tasting and craving miller light all of the sudden......
    If you wake up with a headache and sore wondering what happend last night remember IT WASN'T ME!
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Would Ccom email gift certificates be accepted for bidding? Say there are several items you are interested in can the bid be for the lot of them or do you need to place a bid for each item. Like are the 2 posters one item as well as both coffee mugs?
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Hey MT You're more than welcome to bid on them as a pair. If you bid on them as a pair and we get two bid ( one for each of them singly) that comes out better for the DCCC than your bid as a pair then it would go to the 2 individuals that bid on them singly. Does that make sense? I just re-read it and I'm not sure if it makes sense to me, and I'm the one frickin writing it.
  • Options
    bip:
    Hey MT You're more than welcome to bid on them as a pair. If you bid on them as a pair and we get two bid ( one for each of them singly) that comes out better for the DCCC than your bid as a pair then it would go to the 2 individuals that bid on them singly. Does that make sense? I just re-read it and I'm not sure if it makes sense to me, and I'm the one frickin writing it.
    I think you made sense. Say i am interested in all the items I should then place a bid for each one individually and that bid should be the highest amount I am willing to pay for them. Does it look like I understand what you were trying to say? Also will you guys accept Ccom email gift certificates as a bid? I don't have any items to use as bidding material so I would use either the certificates or if someone running the auction accepts paypal I would bid a cash amount.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The backpack is pretty interesting; though anything like an ammo can or whatnot would be pretty neat to have as well if you guys can sell that stuff.
  • Options
    MT: Bip, in his confused English (it is his second language) is trying to say that if you bid on a pair of items, and two other people bid on the same items individually, whatever comes out better for the DCCC will be considered the winning bid. I think that Ccom gift certificates will be fine, as stated in the first post it is a cigar related item. I have a paypal account, but I'm not sure if I can accept payments on it. I dont know much about paypal.

Xmacro: Even if I could get you and ammo can, shipping it out of here would be impossible. Once I get home I have much more access to things like that, and will be happy to set up trades or auctions on that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I never would have thought people would want old ammo cans. Huh.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    They make great tool boxes and if the rubber seal is in good shape they make great travel humidors as well. Won't crack if dropped and pretty water tight too.
  • Options
    They also work great for burying $hit in the back yard. My daughter is learning that you have to remember where you bury things. She lost the money she buried in the back yard in an ammo can, it was almost $100.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    They also work great for burying $hit in the back yard. My daughter is learning that you have to remember where you bury things. She lost the money she buried in the back yard in an ammo can, it was almost $100.
    Lmao, that's awesome. Sounds like you need to teach her how to make a map. I'll have to look around here and see if I can find some old ammo cans though, I never saw any use for them other than as a butt can.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    DSWarmack:
    Lmao, that's awesome. Sounds like you need to teach her how to make a map. I'll have to look around here and see if I can find some old ammo cans though, I never saw any use for them other than as a butt can.
    Army Surplus store should have them
  • Options
    I did the same thing when I was younger but it was mason jars. I use them for everything. The back of the truck stays much cleaner when everything is tidied p in ammo cans. She knows how to get a pace count and read a map. She could probably handle a sector sketch type map
  • Options
    MTuccelli:

Thats no good, they want money for them!
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    MTuccelli:

Only good if you don't have a connection :o)
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    DSWarmack:
    MTuccelli:

In this case, in my area, I am the connection.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    alienmisprint:
    They're also great if you reload a lot - friend of mine does all his own reloading from shotguns to handguns, and ammo cans are great for storing his surplus
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    MTuccelli:
    DSWarmack:
    MTuccelli:

In this case, in my area, I am the connection.
    +1
    And that's badass DS, how old is she? To tell the truth, I don't even exactly remember my pace count now.....its been so long since we have done any kind of land nav training at all.

xmacro:
    alienmisprint:
    They're also great if you reload a lot - friend of mine does all his own reloading from shotguns to handguns, and ammo cans are great for storing his surplus

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean they are, after all, ammo cans.
  • Options
    She's eight, and we do lots of treking. She always has to have her own map and compass and carry her own bag.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    She's eight, and we do lots of treking. She always has to have her own map and compass and carry her own bag.
    That's really awesome, she's a decade younger and (sounds like) more proficient at land nav than most privates.
  • Options
    So is it time to place our bids? Has the auction started?
  • Options
    MTuccelli:

Unless I screwed up in the initial post, which is very possible, the bidding starts whener you want to. I might have misstyped it and made it start at midnight tonight though.. On the blackberry so it takes 10 min for me to check it, look and see. Either way, I am ready for some bids!
    alienmisprint:
    DSWarmack:
    That's really awesome, she's a decade younger and (sounds like) more proficient at land nav than most privates.

I am a DS. We start them young! She absolutly loves everything military/outdoorsy. She is my tom boy, and was so excited to find out that she was having a little brother.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    MTuccelli:

Unless I screwed up in the initial post, which is very possible, the bidding starts whener you want to. I might have misstyped it and made it start at midnight tonight though.. On the blackberry so it takes 10 min for me to check it, look and see. Either way, I am ready for some bids!

Right on....I would like to place a bid of $30.00 (in the form of a ccom email gift certificate) for the metal posters and a $15.00 bid (ccom email Gift cert) on the Gurkha Mugs. Each of those items were a set or pair....correct?