Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Vintage 1990 seconds

Just received a box of RP vinatge 90's seconds, just wanted to try them since they were allot cheaper than the first's. I understand why thier seconds, the first 2 didn't even taste like vintage 90's, the draw was tight and way to many stems, the 3rd finally was ok, guess I got what I paid for in seconds. I smoke RP 90's allot, I have always enjoyed the taste and smoothness. Not worth the cheap price, I'll stick with the first's.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That's a bummer. You're not the first person I've heard complain about these 2nds.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 1992 2nds a while back, they were pretty decent, just a few spots on the wrappers here and there.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have not bought seconds in a couple years but they have always been just blemishes on the wrapper, never construction related. I hope that has not changed.
  • Options
    I also forgot, I bought some RP OWR 2nds from Kaelaria a while back, those are a great smoke. No problems there either. I really hope todays 2nds aren't really 4ths...lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've bought the 1990 seconds (petite coronas) probably over 1.5 years ago. No problems whatsoever. I couldn't even tell why a couple of them were considered seconds; I didn't see any visible problems with them.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    I've bought the 1990 seconds (petite coronas) probably over 1.5 years ago. No problems whatsoever. I couldn't even tell why a couple of them were considered seconds; I didn't see any visible problems with them.
    draw?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Heavy:
    draw?
    No problems whatsoever - construction, draw, and aesthetics as mentioned before. Now I must say I've only had a 5-ver of the petite corona 90s seconds, but those 5 were more than fine.

I take that back, I just remembered I also had a 5-ver of the RP Fusion seconds. Same deal there - no issues, although the aesthetics weren't quite as good as the 90s seconds I had; i.e. I could tell visually why they were seconds, but that was it.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Im a fan of the 92 2nds and have had no problems related to construction. Just small cosmetic stuff...otherwise perfect.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'm too scared to try any Rocky 2nds, I have enough trouble with any 1sts of his this last year. But just the newer Rocky stuff I have bought had made me stop buying.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I've had 10 or so 1992 seconds. Most of them have been great, but I've had a few that had a draw so tight, i had to throw them out. The ones that smoked were as good as the originals IMO. I would buy them again.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I dont think its so much that they're seconds as much as its that all of rockys stuff in the last year or two has tasted...lets say..not up to spec. Whether its a difference in production or bad yearly crops..i dont know.