Home Cigar 101
Options

temp question

adrosadros Posts: 216
Ok veterans help me out. My hgro meter ranges from 67-72 daily staying mostly around 69. My temp changes during the day. I'm in NC and right now it drops to around 60 at night and 80 during the day. So my temp in my humi goes from around 65-77 depending on what time of day. I cut my air off during the day and I know that can't help. What, if anything other than leaving my air on, can I do to keep my humidor cooler. It's relativly out of the sun, but it is also a 50 ct. way overstuffed (thanks to BOTLS). Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    adros:
    Ok veterans help me out. My hgro meter ranges from 67-72 daily staying mostly around 69. My temp changes during the day. I'm in NC and right now it drops to around 60 at night and 80 during the day. So my temp in my humi goes from around 65-77 depending on what time of day. I cut my air off during the day and I know that can't help. What, if anything other than leaving my air on, can I do to keep my humidor cooler. It's relativly out of the sun, but it is also a 50 ct. way overstuffed (thanks to BOTLS). Any help would be appreciated!
    Good question....I am having the same issue with both my humidors
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    I used to be in your exact situation Adros. A 50ct overfilled with the A/C off during the day when I was gone and the temp and humi was waaayy over the required settings. So I bought a 300 ct first off, lol, and keep it in my master bedroom where I bought a nice window unit A/C. This way I put it on energy saver and the temp I want and my cigars have been sitting pretty at 69-71 degrees and 70 % humidity. Hasn't raised my bill too much but it's worth it. I'd rather that than lose over 300-400 bucks in cigars ya know. Hope this helps man.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    If you can't or won't put A/C on, do you have a basement? If so keep it there, that'll bring it down a few degrees...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    If you can't or won't put A/C on, do you have a basement? If so keep it there, that'll bring it down a few degrees...
    thats what i was gunna say. lower level...