Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Gloria Cubana

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Signed up for an event next week. Mike Giannini is supposed to be there. I've only tried 2 that I got in samplers. Don't know their story. Anyone have any wise info on these?

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Fantastic Brand. One of my tops actually. Although my favorite of all their smokes is the original blend with the sumatra wrapper. I have simple tastes and this is just a great smoke. The company's story is that EP Carillo started them in Miami when he came over from Cuba and then during the cigar boom he sold them to General Cigar Company to keep up with demand. I think he was still overseeing the blending though. not sure on that. I also know he still produced a smalle allotment out of his original factory in miami, and I'm pretty sure that the special blends they do are out of that factory exclusively. Again not sure on that part of it, but the core lines of LGC are produced from GCC.

Also this is why the new EP Carillo cigars are such a big deal so shortly after coming out. He's back producing his own full line again.

I'm sure Alex or one of the more senior members of the forum can speak more to it, but thats my $.02 on LGC.

Love em. Try the original, its a great medium bodies medium flavored smoke that ages pretty well. also the Series R are pretty potent.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    is one of the few general cigars that i really enjoy. these cigars age well from what i hear as well.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best offering that General Cigar has. They usually have really good events too.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I really like the standard LGC wavell in the sumatra wrapper. Nothing fancy, but great flavor, aroma, and price.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    I really like the standard LGC wavell in the sumatra wrapper. Nothing fancy, but great flavor, aroma, and price.
    right there with you on this blend with this wrapper Russ, but the Glorias Extra is my favorite Size. And your right, there is nothing really fancy about them, but their just so good. I had a box that ended up accidentally aging for over 3 years and the last few really really smooth and had a nice meaty roundness and a little bit of that aged mustiness to them.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Russ55:
    right there with you on this blend with this wrapper Russ, but the Glorias Extra is my favorite Size. And your right, there is nothing really fancy about them, but their just so good. I had a box that ended up accidentally aging for over 3 years and the last few really really smooth and had a nice meaty roundness and a little bit of that aged mustiness to them.
    Oh wow, I didn't know the Glorias Extra is a corona gorda. I bet I'd like that size even more. Gonna have to pick some of those up next time I order.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    boydmcgowan:
    Russ55:
    Oh wow, I didn't know the Glorias Extra is a corona gorda. I bet I'd like that size even more. Gonna have to pick some of those up next time I order.

Heck yeah, its an awesome size for that cigar. I ran out from my last box a at christmas and went without for a while until last month when Tim hooked me up with a 10 pack.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Thanks for the input guys. They have a good deal on the event. $20 - 1 cigar- tequila tasting, %25 off on certain sticks. Gonna give it a go.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    is one of the few general cigars that i really enjoy. these cigars age well from what i hear as well.
    Kuzi, I can vouch for the aging on the Serie R, I have 4 left from my box that I bought in January 2008 and they are really good right now. I am going to try and see if any will make the 4 or even 5 year mark.