Home Ratings & Reviews

San Lotano Habano

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I know I am preaching to the choir here but I am a big fan of this stick.
Salt_Lake_City-20110512-00027

The light was perfect, the draw was perfect, the smoke was amazing. I was surprised to notice that there was no real AJ signature pepper bomb at light up. Every other AJ stick I have had starts out very peppery except this one.

Great way to end the day.

Comments

• drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    yup. One of the best stogies out there right now in my humble opinion. I'm saving one just for this Saturday's So Cal herf. Lot's of fans of San Lotano Habano around here.

Nice freakin' ash on that sucker btw!

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Same, I noticed the lack of pepper, that was a pleasant surprise. I just had my first one tonight, and I agree whole-heartedly, it definitely lives up to the hype.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Same, I noticed the lack of pepper, that was a pleasant surprise. I just had my first one tonight, and I agree whole-heartedly, it definitely lives up to the hype.
    I also enjoyed the lack of pepper.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I didn't enjoy this one. I was given one to me at the SE Herf. Maybe it needed a little more rest. I do want to try the maduro which I heard was better.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I've had them both. The Maduro is good, but IMO the Habano ROCKS !
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    djbeenie:
    I didn't enjoy this one. I was given one to me at the SE Herf. Maybe it needed a little more rest. I do want to try the maduro which I heard was better.
    Funny I loved the one I got at the herf. Had the Maduro too and it was good. I just prefer the H.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    laker1963:
    I've had them both. The Maduro is good, but IMO the Habano ROCKS !
    +1 and im a big maduro fan.
  • long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    What's funny is I didn't like it as much as AJ's other stuff either. For some reason I feel a lot of hype with this and I'm not sure in my opinion if it's deserved. It's a decent cigar but I didn't get a lot of flavor from it. I still have a maduro so I will try that one, but I like the pepper bomb. Most of the cigars I smoke are extremely full flavored. Even for breakfast. ;)
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    yup. One of the best stogies out there right now in my humble opinion. I'm saving one just for this Saturday's So Cal herf. Lot's of fans of San Lotano Habano around here.

I believe AJ is in California next week for some events.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    drpepperdude:

I remember hearing of some in Northern Cal (7-9 hours away), do you know if he's coming south at all? That's an event I'd love to make.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn good smoke...one of my top favorites
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    Alex Svenson:

Found the info on his website: A.J. Fernandez Events.

Looks like the events he will actually be at are:

May 20th, 2011 *OLD OAKS CIGAR COMPANY: Thousand Oaks, California **AJ WILL ATTEND
    Old Oaks Cigar Company: 3006 E. Thousand Oaks Bl. - Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
    (805) 494 1886

June 16th & 17th *CIGARS LIMITED: Fresno, California **AJ WILL ATTEND

June 18th, 2011 *TOBACCO REPUBLIC: Sacramento (Loomis), California **AJ WILL ATTEND
    Tobacco Republic: 3589 Taylor Road - Loomis, CA 95650
    (916) 652-2010

Thanks for the heads up, Alex!

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Smoking one now. I also dont miss the pepper. It is a tad dry on my palate. Otherwise excellent.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    This is my new favorite. I got leather and cocoa, a little bitterness, and it moved to toasted bread with nuts, almost almonds. Loved it.
    One God, One Truth