Home General Discussion

What' ya think...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I found a few opus X maduros, though they are a bit steep, the cheapest I've seen them. They are in coffins too.

BBMF Maduro (6 1/8" x 64), $59.95
Scorpio Maduro (5 3/4" x 52), $40.95
El Escorpion Maduro (6 3/4" x 51), $52.95

I want to bite however I'm a bit off set as that's a lot of money for one or three cigars. And I really don't think they are going to be all that different. But those who have had the maduros are they worth it?

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    the only maduro opus that i have smoked is the bbmf. i loved it but as far as being worth the $ that all depends on you. i would pick them up and save them for a special ocasion.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    when you can buy a Don Carlos Anniversario and a Padron 45 year for the price of one Opus Maduro, then I say "No". it's a cool stick, but geezzzzzzz. did you find them local or online?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    when you can buy a Don Carlos Anniversario and a Padron 45 year for the price of one Opus Maduro, then I say "No". it's a cool stick, but geezzzzzzz. did you find them local or online?
    lol... online from a shop that has some good buys on fuente products. The prices are really only around 10-15 dollars cheaper than what cascade was offering for singles from the charity box.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    If you really want one or two, I'd pick it up and just keep it and save it for a special occasion. And if you decide you did not want it, I'm sure someone will buy it from you for the same price.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    dennisking:
    +1 I would love to get my hands on some but I could get over how many other sticks I could buy for it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I would pay for those kind of prices for the real Opus maduros (that use a maduro version of the Opus X Rosado wrapper), but those just use a Connecticut BL maduro wrapper, and frankly, I like my Anejos just fine for $9.50 thanks. You're paying for the coffin, and oddball vitola. Those are pretty typical prices for those sticks.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have had none but am in the market for them myself...one thing I can tell you from experience is this, I had an opportunity to buy some Cohiba Gran Reservas when they first hit the market at a B&M I frequent and I didn't...it has ALWAYS been in the back of my mind and as of late been extremely irritating that I didn't buy, a regret..these and the Opus yes steep as can be in price but for me I have always been a person that doesn't shy away because of price if I truly want something (that doesn't mean I am made of money or am irresponsible with my money, it means I have always bought myself the things I truly wanted If I have the money to spend...I see value in buying the things I truly want)...this was one of the times that I didn't buy because of the cost even though I could have and it has been a REGRET ever since, now to that, I have recently corrected that....and those BBMF's will be in my humi if I can get a hold of those to lol...
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm sent