Home General Discussion

pack of 3 opus x

So i went to a local B&M today in D.C. called Drapers, excellent shop by the way, and i saw a 3 pack of opus X's for $50 - $55 bucks! I never new that these were sold in 3-packs did the B&M make this package themselves or do these exist?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My B&M has them right now as well. I guess its a holiday deal. They're in the $40 range at my place though.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    ouch 10 bucks more at mine?! :( o well I have not yet had the joy of an opus X that I have heard so much about so I will spend the 50 dollars and hand the money over with a smile :D
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Mine has 3 sizes, and the forbidden X is 55 for the 3 pack, or close to it.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yea well your shop has cooties.
  • damn, all of my local shops are out of stock. :(
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yea well your shop has cooties.
    lol, not too sure that any of the guy's have had the opportunity... =)
    phobicsquirrel:

yup yup thats exactly the same as mine, that also sell the opus x A for cheap supposedly if you ask, which i havent. I am definitely going to after I find out if I get any for christmas :D
  • Are the 3 in a tin? If so, than my shop has them as well. They don't have any forbidden X though.
    yessir it comes in a tin about the size and shape of a regular 3 cigar case im going to pick up 1 forbidden x and then another one i think as well as several la aroma de cuba edicion especials and a pipe :) Im also going to put in a very nice sized order to cigar.com including some sol cubano sumatras that I have not yet had but i have heard are a great smoke
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its cool as hell... but i dont have $50 to spend on that brand of cool right now.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    tshaw:
    Im also going to put in a very nice sized order to cigar.com including some sol cubano sumatras that I have not yet had but i have heard are a great smoke

The sumatras Rock!! I always have those in my humi and everyone i give them to loves them.

50 for a 3 pack o' Opus.....and another guy complaining they are 10 bucks more....Where the F@&K do you guys shop!!!! I cant fid them for less than 30-40 a stick. Is that just a Kalifornia thing? Even online in cant touch a 3 pack for under 80 bucks.....not including shipping. Im envious man!
    Jetmech_63:
    tshaw:
    Im also going to put in a very nice sized order to cigar.com including some sol cubano sumatras that I have not yet had but i have heard are a great smoke

The sumatras Rock!! I always have those in my humi and everyone i give them to loves them.

50 for a 3 pack o' Opus.....and another guy complaining they are 10 bucks more....Where the F@&K do you guys shop!!!! I cant fid them for less than 30-40 a stick. Is that just a Kalifornia thing? Even online in cant touch a 3 pack for under 80 bucks.....not including shipping. Im envious man!
    Definetly a Cali thing or a typical Opus X price gouge. My shop always has Opus' and ocassionally a Anejo and I've never seen one at more than $20.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Really......hmmmm....think we can work something out after the holidays :D
    Jetmech_63:
    Really......hmmmm....think we can work something out after the holidays :D
    Sure hit me up and i'll let you know what they have at what price.
    yup it must be a california thing ;) naw i mean your dealers must not be the ones that actually receive opus x and they must buy it from other dealers, I believe there are only around 15 dealers in the country that actually do get sent opus x, could be wrong thats just what i heard
    No tshaw you're right. Although I believe its a little more than 15. If they do not have the Opus X authorized dealer plaque though, they are buying from others which increases the sales price obviously. My B&M is an authorized dealer, actually they were in the original shipment of Opus X's.
    madurofan:
    No tshaw you're right. Although I believe its a little more than 15. If they do not have the Opus X authorized dealer plaque though, they are buying from others which increases the sales price obviously. My B&M is an authorized dealer, actually they were in the original shipment of Opus X's.

I thought so because I know mine was too and I remember them saying there were a very limited number of dealers and that is why you find people selling them for 30-40 bucks a stick :O If your ever in the D.C. area I highly recommend you check out this dealer they are the 2nd oldest in D.C. and it really is just a treat in and of itself to sit in there buy some stogies and just chat away
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    T-

I know my lazy a$$ can look it up but where in DC is this place?
    tshaw:
    madurofan:
    I thought so because I know mine was too and I remember them saying there were a very limited number of dealers and that is why you find people selling them for 30-40 bucks a stick :O If your ever in the D.C. area I highly recommend you check out this dealer they are the 2nd oldest in D.C. and it really is just a treat in and of itself to sit in there buy some stogies and just chat away
    Are you talking about the one in Georgetown that all wood inside?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't seen the 3 packs, but my local shop had a few different gift samplers and they FINALLY had a few boxes in to sell as singles. I was able to pick up my first Opus X yesterday and I am still bouncing off the walls about it! haha I'm going to let it sit in the humi for probably a year, but it's just the fact that I have one now.
    btmisles:
    T-

I know my lazy a$$ can look it up but where in DC is this place?

Its called Drapers and it is at the corner of 14th and G about 2 blocks from the White House it is just a great shop. Nope its not the one in Georgetown although I know exactly which shop you are talking about, this one too is all wood and it just has products inside that I have never seen or heard of its pretty cool. I havent been to the one in Georgetown yet I think its the last of 2 or 3 in the northen Va area I havent been to. I should really make a stop considering I go to school about 15 minutes away lol.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I haven't seen the 3 packs, but my local shop had a few different gift samplers and they FINALLY had a few boxes in to sell as singles. I was able to pick up my first Opus X yesterday and I am still bouncing off the walls about it! haha I'm going to let it sit in the humi for probably a year, but it's just the fact that I have one now.
    Yeah Puro, that is a nice feeling to have that little gem in your humidor.. I have a few that I am resting now, and I look forward to this summer when they will be enjoyed.
    whats everyones take on the god of fire, both versions. worth 21-24 bucks at the b&m?
    tshaw:
    phobicsquirrel:

yup yup thats exactly the same as mine, that also sell the opus x A for cheap supposedly if you ask, which i havent. I am definitely going to after I find out if I get any for christmas :D
    My shop doesn't have any A's, but then again I really didn't ask. Maybe they are holding out but they usually are straight forward. I figure that the 3pack of x's, and the 1992 reserve 3 pack along with all the other opus's and anejos I've gathered this year that I'm opus stocked. Now just have to be patient to smoke one. ... =)
    yea you should ask because apparently you have to at mine, it should be worth it eh? although it seems like such a hike in price for a cigar thats only 2" longer :O anyone else agree?