Home General Discussion
Options

What was your first cigar?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Urbino, nothing like starting out big time.. Dunhil is a fine line of cigars. And with your favorites being the Hemingway series, You are running out of steps up^^ The dunhil name thing may have worked out for you because you hit a proven winner first time out
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Too true. The Dunhill cigar(s) I tried obviously didn't make a big impression on me, but didn't run me off, either. It was probably just a very solid, mild cigar. The Hemingways . . . I definitely remember the first one of those I tried. I'd been smoking lots of different things, just looking for something I really liked. I'd kinda settled into the Butera and JDN lines, but not really. Then a couple of buddies and I visited our favorite smoke shop one day, and I tried a Classic while we were there. About 3 puffs in, I turned to my friends and said, "This is the best cigar I've ever had in my life." And that was all she wrote. The bad thing is they can be hard to find.
  • Options
    la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    My first was a swisher sweet, but my first "REAL" cigar was a havannah honey i believe. Though it could have been an Acid.........
  • Options
    Los Blancos Connecticut on the night of my 18th bday. It made me so dizzy I had to go to bed right after I smoked it. But that didn't stop me from making it my passion.
  • Options
    Acid C-Note. Then I had a Romeo y Julieta 1875.

Not going to lie, I loved those C-Notes.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey High Roller, I have had the c-notes too and they do make for a flavorful quick smoke. Try some new cigars that you read about here or at your favorite tobacco shop and let the group know what you think. It's always good to read personal taste tests...
  • Options

My first one was a Montecristo.....

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

White owl….black and tan…swisher sweet….then discovered The Tinder Box at the local mall… if I can remember that far back, I believe my first ‘real’ cigar was an Arturo Fuente curly head…rest is history

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    White owl….black and tan…swisher sweet….then discovered The Tinder Box at the local mall… if I can remember that far back, I believe my first ‘real’ cigar was an Arturo Fuente curly head…rest is history

I smoked alot of those when I last came back to cigars I still feel for $3 and change stick from a b&m/liquor store they aren't bad

• Options

@Jrflickster said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

I smoked alot of those when I last came back to cigars I still feel for $3 and change stick from a b&m/liquor store they aren't bad

Every once in a while, I go buy a pouch of backwoods just for the memory and experience. Lol.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first cigar didn’t actually have tobacco on the inside but was wrapped in cigar lol 😏. Black and mild was the first cigar with all tobacco components 😆.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Macanudo of some sort

• Options

@11thGenSoutherner said:
    A Macanudo of some sort

I think that was my third or fourth smoke…Prince Phillip perhaps

• Options
    HawksHawks Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Backwoods original. Stolen from my grandfather's ashtray. My cousin and I would smoke them in grandpa's barn. Hindsight being 20/20, not the smartest. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something from a convenience store in a white plastic tube. Had a Spanish guys name. Not very good but I had nothing to compare it to. 30 years later a Trader Jack's that smoked like **** then perdomo fresco. From there it got better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoked a couple of hand rolled from Ybor City, years ago when I lived in Tampa. Then maybe a Brickhouse or two before I really took up the habit.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was less than a year-and-a-half ago. Perla del Mar.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I smoked gas station cigars for years. White Owl, Garcia Vegas, etc. I don’t remember the brand but my son bought me a man made cigar from college and the rest is history.

• Options
    PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

King Edward

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

My first 12 cigars were backwoods. Smoked the whole pouch, inhaled every drag. Ran out of Newports at a New years party in 1998. Deployed to PSAB the next day and was Literally dying on the plane ride over. Couldn't breathe for a week....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Swisher outlaws. Revisited them years later for fun. Wasn't very fun.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    My first 12 cigars were backwoods. Smoked the whole pouch, inhaled every drag. Ran out of Newports at a New years party in 1998. Deployed to PSAB the next day and was Literally dying on the plane ride over. Couldn't breathe for a week....

I was at PSAB in 98

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter