Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gran Habano Vintage 2002

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Someone sent me this cigar. I had no idea about it. It looked good. I lit it. Smoked it. Went inside and ordered a mazo. $40/20. What a wrapper! Lots of smoke. Creamy. Coffee, minimum spice. This might be the first time that I bought on compulsion without any input from others. I enjoyed the heck out of it, and the deal is a steal.
Anyone have any comments on this stick.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    did you order the robusto or churchill. i hear there are burn issues with the churchill.
    side note - I did a split purchase on these with an ex forum member and he sent them to my old paypal address so someone in southern oregon enjoyed the hell out of these for free
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I keep these in stock more than any other cigar. I had one yesterday as a matter of fact. Dollar for dollar, this is one of the best.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I got one of these on a whim a week or two ago. Do you guys recommend any aging (or at least rest), or are they pretty much good to go?
  • Options
    Mine was the robusto. Oily wrapper, all natural flavors, no burn problems. Got a bit warm at the end. But $2? Excellent.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I got one of these on a whim a week or two ago. Do you guys recommend any aging (or at least rest), or are they pretty much good to go?
    Easily one of favorite smokes, and I agree, dollar for dollar hard to beat. I've smoked a ton of em, and never bothered with much beyond a week or so worth of rest.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Heavy:
    Easily one of favorite smokes, and I agree, dollar for dollar hard to beat. I've smoked a ton of em, and never bothered with much beyond a week or so worth of rest.
    Cool. Thanks bro. Looks like this one will meet its fiery fate sooner than later...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Someone sent me this cigar. I had no idea about it. It looked good. I lit it. Smoked it. Went inside and ordered a mazo. $40/20. What a wrapper! Lots of smoke. Creamy. Coffee, minimum spice. This might be the first time that I bought on compulsion without any input from others. I enjoyed the heck out of it, and the deal is a steal.
    Anyone have any comments on this stick.
    These are good cigars alright! I don't think they need much rest but I do give them a little dry-boxing.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yep the robustos are one of the best value smokes. The churchill has some major burn issues. I'll be letting them sit for a long while.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I haven't smoke the robustos but the churchills are just outstanding. I did have the same burn issues everyone else talks about. But I resolved that by keeping them unhumidified. That's right... they are permanently dry boxing. I check on them ever week and they are still plenty soft to the touch.

So if you go with the Churchills, just keep that in mind.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Even buying a box blind I doubt many folks would be disappointed with these.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    ndhaon91:
    I haven't smoke the robustos but the churchills are just outstanding. I did have the same burn issues everyone else talks about. But I resolved that by keeping them unhumidified. That's right... they are permanently dry boxing. I check on them ever week and they are still plenty soft to the touch. So if you go with the Churchills, just keep that in mind.

+1 except mine have just been resting in the humi since January, no burn issues.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The robusto is a great stick but I thought the churchill sucked. They will improve with rest
  • Options
    I thank all for their honest opinions. Waiting on my mazzo. Looks like i didn't buy duds. Thanks
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Im guessing their doing some aging in the warehouse already...and at the price point-----smoke em up
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Heavy:
    Im guessing their doing some aging in the warehouse already...and at the price point-----smoke em up
    The wrapper has 7 years on it.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    My B&M is a Gran Habano Dealer! LOL They have tons of stuff Including a new one, its a Corojo % Shaggy! Awesome smoke and for the Price they Cant be Beat! I smoke the Hell out of the Gran Hanbano Line of Cigars!
    Heres on Im looking for !
    Photobucket
    Want to come help me smoke it?
    Photobucket
    Better bring the Cutting torch to Light this bad Boy!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    it says this is 25k cigars....u know...they could have just given everyone here 100 cigars for free! lol
  • Options
    Awesome display. Wonder what the fire marshall said about it. One spark and the whole place would go up. LOL Waiting patiently for my shipment. With their prices, I suspect I'll be keeping some in my box.
  • Options
    I'm just getting back into smoking after not having a cigar for about 16 years. I got some of these in a sampler, which seemed the best way to uh, "sample" several brands.

Smoked one a few weeks ago, but I couldn't keep it burning (at least evenly) enough to tell you whether or not I liked it. Got frustrated and threw it away before finishing it. I have a few more that came in my sampler, so I think I'll age them and try it again based on the nice things most of you are saying.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Glock.. So, First of all welcome, Why the sabbaticle from cigars ?