Home Ratings & Reviews

Viaje Skull & Bones MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs or Massive Ordinance Air Blast )

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
First review. Tonight I smoked a Viaje Skull & Bones MOAB....

As I examine what I'm about to enjoy. This little bomb of a cigar had a heavy smell of hay and chocolate. The wrapper is dark brown with little veins. When I fired it up, I got a heavy pepper blast that let me know I was in for a ride, lol. The cigar was strong throughout the entire smoke. Yes, this is a full bodied smoke. The first half was peppery. Which slowed down to none existence at the halfway point. That had a touch of leather and wood. The second half, the wood and leather taste was blended in with hints of chocolate. The ash on this thing was dark grey, black and it looked wet all the way through. There was some harshness towards the end of this cigar. It had two small tunnelling issues but, it stayed lit and did not over heat. When it was all said and done. I enjoyed the flavors that came from this and this little sucker packs a punch. Lesson learned, don't judge a cigar by it's size, I had a buzz from it. That lasted a good 20 minutes later...

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    mmmm....great now you got me thinking about it. i guess its time to go fire 1 up
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Would be nice if they could be found, got into the cigar hobby too late.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love them!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    They still have them at my b&m. I need to pick one up sometime soon.
    PuroFreak:
    go to your b&m and buy them all
    415:
    PuroFreak:
    go to your b&m and buy them all
    lol That would require money...
    i hear ya on that. i blew my cigar budget for the next 2 months.
  • sounds great where can you get these?
    limited relase. other than puro freaks b&m i dont know of any stors that still have them.

Christian if your ever in marin county you can stop buy and grab a couple from my humi
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Hey Puro, you think they will still have some in stock in June? From the sound of it, I am going to need to take out a small loan before I go to this place......
    They had most of a box sitting out while I was there. Not sure if they had any more... I'll stop back in and see how many they have and what the price is on them.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Well, at least my little review if you can call it that. Sparked an interest. PuroFreak, if you are able to get some. Go for it, this was a cigar I liked and would smoke again. Missed some things in my review though. It burned for a good hour and I nub it. Thing is, I believe I smoked it too slow. It's probably a better smoke than that at 45 minutes. I only have a few left, yet inspired by Kuzi, Mr.Diamondog and lcpleel. I will age these the best that I can. For once, I felt a cigar was screaming for more flavor. But the strength of it was too hard hitting. Lol, I know some of you guys have probably smoke one or may smoke one soon. Will probably say it was a medium bodied smoke. But for my young palate, it kicked my butt. Lakota72 asked me a couple of times if I was alright. I told him yeah, but I felt like I was dazed from a blindside punch in the face, lol....
  • 415:
    limited relase. other than puro freaks b&m i dont know of any stors that still have them.

Christian if your ever in marin county you can stop buy and grab a couple from my humi
    ill hit you up when i get back from college and we should get some guys from the area and have a herf.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Just tried my first of these and I have to say im very dissapointed. For the MOAB it sure wouldn't catch fire. I went threw a whole lighter worth of butane and all I got out of it was a nice canoe. Obviously d!cked up any flavors I could have distinguished. All this after sitting in a 65% Rh humidor for 2 weeks. I've got one more, sure hope its a better experience.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    Just tried my first of these and I have to say im very dissapointed. For the MOAB it sure wouldn't catch fire. I went threw a whole lighter worth of butane and all I got out of it was a nice canoe. Obviously d!cked up any flavors I could have distinguished. All this after sitting in a 65% Rh humidor for 2 weeks. I've got one more, sure hope its a better experience.

I'm sorry to here that. I've had three of these so far. Two of them had tunneling problems. There's nothing you can do about it. Good thing with mines, I was still able to smoke them. I guess it's all preference when it comes to humidification. I keep my cigars around 67-69% rh. I rarely have a burn problem or anything. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've had issues. Hopefully, your other ones wont be like that and your able to get some enjoyment out of them.....

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    t_evan50:

I'm sorry to here that. I've had three of these so far. Two of them had tunneling problems. There's nothing you can do about it. Good thing with mines, I was still able to smoke them. I guess it's all preference when it comes to humidification. I keep my cigars around 67-69% rh. I rarely have a burn problem or anything. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've had issues. Hopefully, your other ones wont be like that and your able to get some enjoyment out of them.....

The one I had was also disappointing. Not because of burn issues, just overall taste and strength. It didn't really live up to it's predecessor, the OG S&B. I kind of expected more, I guess.

On a side note, I recently had a Viaje Holiday Blend 2009 that was pretty awesome....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt anyone will respond to this one, considering the post leads to fans of the sticks reading it---------------------But am I the only one who have smoked a few Viaje's (none of their "special" stuff---though since amlost everything they make is special, how special is it really) and thought, "well this is pretty average"
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Vulchor:
    I doubt anyone will respond to this one, considering the post leads to fans of the sticks reading it---------------------But am I the only one who have smoked a few Viaje's (none of their "special" stuff---though since amlost everything they make is special, how special is it really) and thought, "well this is pretty average"
    Until proven other wise this is my opinion of them. I will give them as much opportunity as I give all the rest (usually about 3 blends). A b&m that recently opened within driving distance from me carries them so I don't have to jump through many hoops to obtain them. And at $10/stick I don't have a problem giving them multiple chances. On a side note, their marketing is killer. Every stick is hard to find, or super limited. lol.