Home General Discussion

Oliva V vs Oliva G

OK, I love the V and have not yet had the G. The V is a very powerful stick that will kick you in the teeth in the 2nd half, especially if you have an empty stomach. My question is, does the G have the same sweat taste the the V gives with out the kick?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Love me some Vagi, I mean V
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I like the Oliva G but I'm a Cameroon fan. After I tried the G I bought a box...........
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    The G does have a little sweetness to it, but it's more superficial, as opposed to the deep, complex sweetness of the V.

The G is solid, but not even in the same league of flavor as the V.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I prefer the G maduro to the regular V. That said the V maduro is so far above any of the G's its not even close. The regular V just isn't my style.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    In my opinion, the V and the G are nothing alike. The V is rich and deep with a fuller flavor while the G is much more mild with that sweetness you get from Cameroon.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I did not enjoy the G at all, but I really enjoyed the 0 series and the V series.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    I prefer the G maduro to the regular V. That said the V maduro is so far above any of the G's its not even close. The regular V just isn't my style.
    I definitely prefer the G maduro to the standard V, and I honestly prefer it the the V maduro as well. It is such an awesome maduro, but on the flip side I don't care for the G Cameroon at all.
  • only had one v and one g both had draw issues and hard to get any smoke. But the o maduro is great sweat and i get hints of cocoa also the v maduro is amazing if you are a maduro fan like i am
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I couldn't get into the G, either wrapper. Both bored me. Neither cigar tastes anything like the V to me.

Are you looking for something similar in profile to the V?
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I think Oliva Serie G is great, especially for its price. It's in my regular rotation. I haven't smoked the Serie V yet unfortunately, so I can't say anything regrading that stick.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    MonteWhite:
    I think Oliva Serie G is great, especially for its price. It's in my regular rotation. I haven't smoked the Serie V yet unfortunately, so I can't say anything regrading that stick.
    Once you go V you never go back...oh wait...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    I did not enjoy the G at all, but I really enjoyed the 0 series and the V series.
    I second that comment..
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked the entire series and rate them in this order, V, O, G. It is a decent smoke just nothing like the others
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The V is really the only Oliva smoke I like... But I LOVE it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I don't remember the O. I need to revisit it. But the G Cameroon is a great morning smoke. G Maduro is very deep with espresso and bitter, dark chocolate. The V was a sweet stick with a lot of spice and pepper. I have to re-visit that as well.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do like the g maduros