Home Non Cigar Related
Options

We hit the debt ceiling..

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
..and the world did not come to an end. Maybe now the govt can try to live within its means.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Cabi you and I both know thats not going to happen.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    We haven't hit the debt ceiling until there are riots in the streets. Until then...business as usual I suspect.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll just figure out a way to raise the ceiling
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Maybe now the govt can try to live within its means.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha HA HA!

...thats funny.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    If I'm not mistaken, this is about the 80th or 81st time we've raised the "ceiling", another illusion perpetuated to make us believe there's such a thing as a budget.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    In some instances it would be considered a great accomplishment to "raise the roof"...I anticipate the govt will try to cast this pun in a similar light.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    In some instances it would be considered a great accomplishment to "raise the roof"

Raise the roof!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's hilarious!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    This debt is really starting to worry me. Small amounts of debt are fine if not beneficial but it feels like the US debt is spinning out of control at such a rate that defaulting will soon be the only option. I'm gald I work for a British company.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    british or not, if we default, everyone is affected big time. it will suck.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    skweekz:
    If I'm not mistaken, this is about the 80th or 81st time we've raised the "ceiling", another illusion perpetuated to make us believe there's such a thing as a budget.
    sad thing is the money was already spent. We need to end these wars!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    british or not, if we default, everyone is affected big time. it will suck.
    yup!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and read this whats going on here locally and the comments crazy, our city kings and queens are trying to act and live just like the feds. just because they offer money(which we dont have) you dont have to accept it, this is about a 24 million dollar hurricane safe house. they already use faclities somewhere else(at billionaire tillman ferttitas hotel here) and it would cost 15,000 a year just for the upkeep, http://galvestondailynews.com/story/231714
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    skweekz:
    sad thing is the money was already spent. We need to end these wars!
    Can I get a witness from the congregation!!!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hitting the debt ceiling is not the problem. It's what happens in the next 90 days that matters. I assume that we'll just raise it. But the closer we get to the deadline that Congress has to act could affect the market and interest rates could go way up.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Once the spending stops the fact of just how bad things really are will make hard for the media to keep carrying Obama's water.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    The world hasn't ended, you say? Isn't it supposed to end on Saturday? If that was all a hoax I'm pretty screwed since I'm supposed to get married the following friday and then the wedding will actually happen. Mostly kidding...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    The world hasn't ended, you say? Isn't it supposed to end on Saturday? If that was all a hoax I'm pretty screwed since I'm supposed to get married the following friday and then the wedding will actually happen. Mostly kidding...

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals! I'm putting my money on Saturday actually happening since it's supposed to not rain for the first time in 10 days...packin the Herf-a-Dor and taking the family to a baseball game!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Saturday @ 6.....