Home General Discussion
Options

scared to ask

I know i'm probably gonna catch hell for this and hope no one takes this the wrong way, but this is the first site that I found ordered from or have EVER delt with. They have set the bar pretty damn high. I know it is probably of bd taste to ask but I stumbled across a site that offers auctions. Has any one tried this? Is it worth it? If this is in bad taste please forgive me.

Comments

• Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I don't know if it's bad form or not, thats for others to decide. Usually we don't promote other sites on CCOM forums. I have dealt with numerous online cigar sites through the years. I have never been dissapointed with the service or prices I have received with Cigar.com. You might be able to beat their prices occasionaly, possibly more, but my theory is why do I want to.

Cigar.com has become my B&M. It's where I go to get my cigars, and where I talk to others knowledgeable in the art of cigars. I get great advice from staff and members. They will get my business for the forseeable future. If I pay a dollar more a cigar, (which I dont' see happening at all) It is well worth it to me.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commonly referred to the devil site because it is addictive and will suck away all your money. I have bought there once and got away. It was a good deal and everything went ok. I have heard some complaints though about waiting on packages, items not as described, busted cigars. That site is run by a company associated in a way with CCom but they still are separate companies and compete with each other.

I won't dog you for asking about another site since you did it on the sly. Be sure to support Ccom though and watch the daily deals. Usually you get better deals here because crazy people who do not know what they are doing make the bids get ridiculous. It never hurts to call in and ask. Just say hey I found this deal here can you match it. If they can't they will take care of you though.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    jsnake:
    Usually you get better deals here because crazy people who do not know what they are doing make the bids get ridiculous. It never hurts to call in and ask. Just say hey I found this deal here can you match it. If they can't they will take care of you though.
    +1 I've had the team here match prices found on these sites so it's def. in your interest to stick with Ccom and get the service and not have to put up with the bidding process.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    .....Just say hey I found this deal here can you match it. If they can't they will take care of you though.
    Definitely, I'm sure if you email one of the sale reps with whatever deal you are seeing on a bid site, they will do the best that they can to match it. Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose.
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    t_evan50:
    jsnake:
    Usually you get better deals here because crazy people who do not know what they are doing make the bids get ridiculous. It never hurts to call in and ask. Just say hey I found this deal here can you match it. If they can't they will take care of you though.
    +1 I've had the team here match prices found on these sites so it's def. in your interest to stick with Ccom and get the service and not have to put up with the bidding process.
    Thanks for the input. I agree, i have no complaints with ccom at All please don't think I'm jumping ship, i'm not. I had some issues with some sticks I got here and I should say i more than compensated for them. I was just curious, their is a huge company in my state and I was just browsing. I just know what I'm getting here. And once I started calling ccom and gained a repior with them the prices started getting lower.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've bought from that place in the past. Some of the sticks I received were not in the best in condition. That happened twice. It's my personal opinion that getting cigars from them is a bit of a gamble, so I stopped. Also, most of the sticks I like now are either not sold on that site, or more expensive there than web retail.

It can be a good option when something new comes out, and no one knows about it yet, but if you're looking for something popular and established I wouldn't bother. As with anything though, your mileage may vary. I'd just rather buy from ccom. I like them, the prices are great, and I know if there's an issue they'll handle it right.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Why not try the auction sites and decide for yourself whether or not they are worth it. Like any auction you have to use your head when bidding. Despite what a few say here I use both auctions sites as well as Ccom and two other sites to purchase my cigars. I buy where the best deal is at the time i am looking to purchase.

If you decide to try the auction scene my advise would be to have a couple other browser windows open along with the auction sites. This way you can check pricing against Ccom and the parent site that hosts the auction. You could even go as far as calling Ccom, as suggested here, to verify if they can meet or beat the price.

If for some reason I can't sleep that is when I go cigar shopping and during those hours Ccom isn't open to ask if they can meet or beat a price and timing is everything when you try to nab a deal.l
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am pretty new to the site and forums. BUT...Ccom has far surpassed all my expectations. I have looked at other sites but 99% of the time, they have better deals and are much more friendly.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will find that ccom has absolutely the best service and usually the best prices.

I have purchased from the auction site and done well and I am boycotting the evil twin sister site for their poor customer service and a return they jerked me on. Besides, if you use the acution site or the evil twin sister, you don't get to talk to Kelley!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    You can sometimes get a good deal on the devil site, but most of the time, you'll have to deal with people that bid MSRP or more (I've seen people bid 30 dollars for a single ACID Opulence 3 before). Also, customer service can be a complete crap shoot at that site. They've been helpful sometimes, but other times, they leave you flapping in the wind.

Some people have received infested sticks from them and got no replacements or refunds. As for personal experience, one time, a humi I ordered showed up at my door completely busted. It looked like UPS took an ax to it. I was told by the devil site's customer service rep to ship it back for a refund out of my own pocket. I paid the post office 40 dollars to ship it back. They refused to reimburse me, so I basically just paid 40 bucks to receive firewood and ship it back.

Great if you get a good deal and have no problems with your order. But if something goes wrong, hope that the rep isn't having a bad day. Best to just stick to CCom.
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    I concur. Ccom is where I think I'll lay my head for cigars. They have been good to me right outta the gate. Thanks for all the input.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I buy my cigars from all over the place. You will see deals here and there for great prices but nowhere will you find more friendly staff that is willing to stand behind their product 100% than here at Ccom.