Home General Discussion
Options

Louisiana Tobacco Bill

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Tobacco tax increase #HB63 effectively dead without a vote in House committee http://bit.ly/jrwito We won this battle. Stay armed gentlemen.

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Congratulations to you guys. WA is stuck with a 95% tobacco tax (on sales prices, with a $0.65/cigar cap), one of the highest in the country.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Its about damn time one of these bills failed.
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    That's great news. WHODAT!! I live in FL now but will move back to my home town eventually and I'm glad to hear this. Wish other states would follow suit.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Why is it everytime they come up with these tobacco / smoking tax proposals or bans they always feel the need to throw in there, "well this is a deterrent for potential smokers, especially the youth." Come on man.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    amz1301:
    Why is it everytime they come up with these tobacco / smoking tax proposals or bans they always feel the need to throw in there, "well this is a deterrent for potential smokers, especially the youth." Come on man.
    Because the unintelligent and uninformed, scratch that, the ignorant will believe anything they are told.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Maybe the tide is turning. I'm sure the experience of other states, where revenue drops after overtaxation, had something to do with this. I think lawmakers in LA have other things to do besides destroying commerce.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    They fought this one on the message of the tea party
    NO NEW TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Who sponsored this bill, do you know by chance?