Home Non Cigar Related
Options

This is beyond infuriating.....

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
From the Washington Times:

President Obama left the White House this morning a little after 9:30 am.  He wasn’t on his way to the Capitol building, where grieving friends and families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty hold a yearly commemorative service.  Though he was invited to recognize the fallen and offer condolences by speaking at the annual Peace Officers’ Memorial Service, he instead spent this fine Sunday playing a round of golf with aide Ben Finkenbinder, White House trip director Marvin Nicholson and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.

Every president deserves down time.  But after offending? police earlier this week by hosting a rapper at the White House whose corpus includes a song lauding a convicted cop-killer, blowing off their service in order to golf seems tone-deaf, if not outright callous.  Badly done?, Mr. President.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Did you expect something more?
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Nope about par for the course....no pun intended
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played in a bagpipe band for one of the annual services and the first President Bush spoke in a pouring rain. He took the time to recognize the ultimate sacrifice these officers made and didn't care about his own comfort.

It's unfortunate that this president doesn't recognize that.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    This isnt the first time unfortunately.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Total DUmb Ass... He Got Bin Ladin and he is now on Cruise...... WHat a Moron!
  • Options
    JZ:
    This isnt the first time unfortunately.

Yup. Obama's been absent two out of the past three years. Say what you will about GW Bush, in eight years he never once missed a police memorial in DC. Even Clinton was known for attending religiously.

In '09, Obama was at least out of town and sent Holder in his stead. But to be busy golfing?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This a$$hole's just overwhelmingly, incredibly arrogant, not to mention stupid.

And his wife's not much better.

Marty

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Really? offending police by having a rapper at the white house for a poetic covention? You guys really reach down the drain for stuff. Let's not forget that a NWA rapper was at the white house during bush 1's reign and there wasn't a peep. Or stop listening to right wing radio and tv... Maybe you should no more about the "rapper". His songs aren't really bad, now NWA had some really nice stuff (btw I do like NWA, but to compare the two there's no difference).
  • Options
    jlmarta:

Marty

really? wow there's some baseless bull sh*t. I know he's not a guy who dresses up in flight gear and declares mission accomplished or lies this country into a war but... Obama did get bin laden.
  • Options
    ...And it's interesting that this petty crap gets you all in a bunch but what most of the GOP is doing doesn't? Or what some state legislators are doing.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i see it from squirrals view and everyone elses..I just wish he would show up more to these events...instead of playing golf or on vacation..these are the men and women who protect us day and night and we should honor them but this is also coming from a guy who is trying to get into a police academy so my view may be slanted one side.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Obama did get bin laden.

Obama did not get bin Laden.

US Navy Seal team 6 got bin Laden. Let us show respect and give credit where it is due.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Obama did get bin laden.

US Navy Seal team 6 got bin Laden. Let us show respect and give credit where it is due.
    Amen Brother
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    skweekz:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Obama did get bin laden.

Amen Brother

And another great big AMEN to that. Obummer watched it on the tube.

Marty

• Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Really? offending police by having a rapper at the white house for a poetic covention? You guys really reach down the drain for stuff. Let's not forget that a NWA rapper was at the white house during bush 1's reign and there wasn't a peep. Or stop listening to right wing radio and tv... Maybe you should no more about the "rapper". His songs aren't really bad, now NWA had some really nice stuff (btw I do like NWA, but to compare the two there's no difference).
    Actually, Pheebs.... the part about Common visiting the WH doesn't really bother me. I think everyone knows the kind of company Obama likes to keep. But the dis to the nation's LE does bother me. I just quoted the entire article.

You can justify it any way you want, if it makes you feel better for voting for him. But golfing instead of attending a National memorial honoring people who sacrificed for this country, is inexcusable no matter what spin you wanna put on it.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    jlmarta:

Marty

really? wow there's some baseless bull sh*t. I know he's not a guy who dresses up in flight gear and declares mission accomplished or lies this country into a war but... Obama did get bin laden.
    Pheebs, let's be real.... Obama didn't "get" anyone. Way to minimize years of hard work by our troops and intelligence community by giving Obama all the props. He made the last minute call (after being dragged off the golf course, might I add) and it was a good one. I give him that. But other than that, he didn't "do" anything.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    ...And it's interesting that this petty crap gets you all in a bunch but what most of the GOP is doing doesn't? Or what some state legislators are doing.
    I could actually fill many threads with gripes about my local legislators and politicians (Dem and Rep), but it would be lost on most of the members of this forum, cuz not everyone is from Illinois. This is a national issue. Plus, as a LE, this latest gaff by our POTUS really hit home with me.

To be honest Pheebs, I wasn't surprised by your comments at all. I think you've stated in other threads your general distaste for LE. Were you "harassed" by the police a lot growing up, or something?

"Petty crap"??? Really? Thanks, dude. That means a lot.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I will only say this, apparently to the Obama bashers here---whom I do agree are just looking pathetic now and stretching for anything to complain about....

Saying Obama should get no credit for the raid and killing of Bin Laden because he was not there himself....is just like saying Bin Laden should have no blood on his hands for 9/11 because he wasnt in DC, NY, or Penn at the time.........and I sure remember W on the golf course and in Crawford QUITE A BIT. Just saw Clinton was away alot, just as Bush and Reagan were, ect.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    No surprise here, this guy has NO class what so ever.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Vulchor:
    I will only say this, apparently to the Obama bashers here---whom I do agree are just looking pathetic now and stretching for anything to complain about....

Saying Obama should get no credit for the raid and killing of Bin Laden because he was not there himself....is just like saying Bin Laden should have no blood on his hands for 9/11 because he wasnt in DC, NY, or Penn at the time.........and I sure remember W on the golf course and in Crawford QUITE A BIT. Just saw Clinton was away alot, just as Bush and Reagan were, ect.
    Vulch, c'mon...... What's pathetic here is that Obama couldn't attend a memorial in his own backyard cuz he was golfing down the block. No one is saying Obama should get no credit for the killing of OBL or that he should never go golfing. He made the right call and people all over on both sides of the aisle have given him his due. And he's a grown man that should know the repercussions of his actions. Yes, Bush was on vacation quite a bit and he was criticized for it in the media. He didn't get a pass for it. Neither should Obama. Especially considering Obama was a big critic of his vacation time during the campaign. Clinton had other.....a'hem.....er.....uh...... obligations, if you will.

So, yea. We're Obama bashers. But is he not deserving of the bashing?
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Kind of funny how Obama and people like him so heavily count on law enforcement to make sure all the policies of the nanny/police state they're creating are followed, yet they would rather spit on them than shake their hands.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Vulchor:

Vulch, c'mon...... What's pathetic here is that Obama couldn't attend a memorial in his own backyard cuz he was golfing down the block. No one is saying Obama should get no credit for the killing of OBL or that he should never go golfing. He made the right call and people all over on both sides of the aisle have given him his due. And he's a grown man that should know the repercussions of his actions. Yes, Bush was on vacation quite a bit and he was criticized for it in the media. He didn't get a pass for it. Neither should Obama. Especially considering Obama was a big critic of his vacation time during the campaign. Clinton had other.....a'hem.....er.....uh...... obligations, if you will.

Plenty of times Id choose golf over what Clinton did....but you know hat they say about chubby chicks and cigars-----anyyyyway

He is absolutely deserving of criticism when justifed and to be questioned about his decisions----but bashing for the sake of bashing at anything people can find (which Im sorry happens quite a bit here) and juvenile name calling? Not so sure anyone is deserving of that.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    lilwing88:
    Vulchor:

Plenty of times Id choose golf over what Clinton did....but you know hat they say about chubby chicks and cigars-----anyyyyway

He is absolutely deserving of criticism when justifed and to be questioned about his decisions----but bashing for the sake of bashing at anything people can find (which Im sorry happens quite a bit here) and juvenile name calling? Not so sure anyone is deserving of that.
    You know chubby chicks give the best head... Their always hungry so you know they will swallow! lol

On the other hand in this debate, I do give him credit for sending the order to kill OBL. No doubt he did that absolute right thing.
    I do think it was a low move to skip a law enforcement memorial to go play a round of golf with an aid of his. Is it the worst thing he has done? No. I'm sure he will do many more things worse than this before his run is up.
  • Options
    Fat girls do it best because they know each time could be their last....so effort is always there.
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Simply put.The guy is a joke.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Every time phobic lights a cigar, crucial government income is lost. >Br> I can see the headlines now
    Women, Children and the Poor are most affected by the phobicsquirl's smoking habits!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    What is really pathetic is that some would excuse him from his obligations as POTUS to play golf. I think we struck a rabid nerve with the furry one and I have to admit I got a chuckle from it. I saw somewhere on the comparison of "golf days" of the presidents who enjoyed the game. O has tripled the closest one. Just saying. Vulchor, I expected a more rational response from you.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I think all Law Enforcement Officers should go golfing next time he comes to town, including the secret service. I bet he wouldn't like that at all. He showed his true colors again. What a **** bag.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    I think all Law Enforcement Officers should go golfing next time he comes to town, including the secret service. I bet he wouldn't like that at all. He showed his true colors again. What a **** bag.
    I think this statement is uncalled for, and I demand an apology....

to **** bags.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    .and I sure remember W on the golf course and in Crawford QUITE A BIT.
    after 10 months in office, obama was on the golf course as much as bush was his entire 8 years.

its one of the stupidest things to quibble about and frankly i dont give a *** how much either one is out there. but, facts are facts and easily looked up.

as far a the actual issue at hand (golfing instead of being somewhere more politically acceptable) ...
    who cares? every president has made mistakes like this. people in general make paux pas all the time. i know he is the president and is under a microscope but arent there bigger fish to fry here? seriously....