Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I require your services, bounty hunter......

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I don't know why I didn't think of this before.........I am on a search for a cigar no longer in production. The cigar in question is the Alec Bradley Pryme, a limited, one-time run cigar that was produced a little over three years ago. the last box I know of that was sold was about two months ago, so I do have hope that some B&M, somewhere in this country (or in Canada) has a box of these squirrelled away in an aging room somewhere. That's where you come in.......I am offering a finder's fee, a bounty if you will, to anyone who can put me in contact with a B&M, website, distributor, hooker in Vegas, creepy dude in a panel van, or any other entity that will sell me Prymes. Since I am offering to pay here (cigars or money, just not the Prymes), please go as far as to check that they do have the cigars in stock. I have run across a few websites that list them as in stock (there was even one with the quantity availabel listed as 99 boxes), but upon calling them I fond out they were, in fact, not in stock. This is an ongoing bounty, as I am more than willing to divert pretty much all my cigar budget to these if an opportunity arises.

Also, if anyone else has a cigar they want to put a bounty on, post it up here. I'm sure that with our combined effort, we can make some magic happen.

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before.........I am on a search for a cigar no longer in production. The cigar in question is the Alec Bradley Pryme, a limited, one-time run cigar that was produced a little over three years ago. the last box I know of that was sold was about two months ago, so I do have hope that some B&M, somewhere in this country (or in Canada) has a box of these squirrelled away in an aging room somewhere. That's where you come in.......I am offering a finder's fee, a bounty if you will, to anyone who can put me in contact with a B&M, website, distributor, hooker in Vegas, creepy dude in a panel van, or any other entity that will sell me Prymes. Since I am offering to pay here (cigars or money, just not the Prymes), please go as far as to check that they do have the cigars in stock. I have run across a few websites that list them as in stock (there was even one with the quantity availabel listed as 99 boxes), but upon calling them I fond out they were, in fact, not in stock. This is an ongoing bounty, as I am more than willing to divert pretty much all my cigar budget to these if an opportunity arises.

Also, if anyone else has a cigar they want to put a bounty on, post it up here. I'm sure that with our combined effort, we can make some magic happen.

What is the exact to detail name and size?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a contact at Alec Bradley and I bet I can find these with his help. Get back to you soon.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    I have a contact at Alec Bradley and I bet I can find these with his help. Get back to you soon.
    I hope you can man... I spoke to George Sosa and he said he hasn't seen any in a couple years... These are amazing cigars!
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:

What is the exact to detail name and size?
    Alec Bradley Pryme (sometimes listed as Alec Bradley Pryme Gold Series or Alec Bradley Pryme Gold Ltd. Edition)

Sizes are:

100R, a 5.1 x 52 robusto
    200X, a 6.1 x 50 toro
    300C, a 7 x 48 Churchhill
    400T, a 6.7 x 52 torpedo

• Options
    jsnake:
    Jake, if you can pull that off, you will be not only be greatly rewarded, but you will further be known as Cad Bane.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I will check my B&m they are a Alec Bradley Distributor, they have several boxes of Alec Bradleys I only smoke the tempus havent had one of those , but i know they have several different Types and who knows they may have some of these.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Pm'd you.
  • Options
    I really appreciate everyone's support here, this is awesome. PM's responded to, still no leads though.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talked to my guy today. He made himself a note and will check all of his B&M's that he takes care of. Great guy! Said he hasn't seen any in a long time but he would ask around so I hope to snag a few for you.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Talked to my guy today. He made himself a note and will check all of his B&M's that he takes care of. Great guy! Said he hasn't seen any in a long time but he would ask around so I hope to snag a few for you.
    That'd be awesome Jake. Not getting my hopes up too much, every place I have called (except the ones that have idiots working at them) has said pretty much the same thing.....no one has even seen these in years, lol. But I do have a lead on a place that MIGHT have a few singles left. I welcome all Prymes though, as many as I can get. I figure at this point, IF there are any available anywhere, I better get them all.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Found some!
  • Options
    PM replied - if what you said is correct, the holy grail has been located. I'll keep everyone updated.....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before.........I am on a search for a cigar no longer in production.

Okay bounty hunters this one is very rare as well Only 18,000 of these were produced. I found them in 2008. It is a cigar I dream about. The La Aurora 1495/1994 Cameroon. The Wrapper is what sets this one apart from the regular 1495. The Cameroon wrapper leaves harvest was too small for a full size cigar that year, so these leaves were set aside for fourteen years...This corona ( only size they were made in ) is amazing. I have searched for them for more than a year without success. I am certain that they are not on a shelf in some B&M collecting dust, but you never know.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before.........I am on a search for a cigar no longer in production.

Okay bounty hunters this one is very rare as well Only 18,000 of these were produced. I found them in 2008. It is a cigar I dream about. The La Aurora 1495/1994 Cameroon. The Wrapper is what sets this one apart from the regular 1495. The Cameroon wrapper leaves harvest was too small for a full size cigar that year, so these leaves were set aside for fourteen years...This corona ( only size they were made in ) is amazing. I have searched for them for more than a year without success. I am certain that they are not on a shelf in some B&M collecting dust, but you never know.
    I'll take a look, I have tomorrow off.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:

Kas, don't give up hope man. I have literally been looking for Prymes for almost two years (somewhat off and on, but still), and in about 24 hours I have not one, but two very solid leads, and it looks like I am going to be able to stock my humi with enough of them to be able to smoke 2 or 3 a year until I die. If I live till I am 70.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:

Kas, don't give up hope man. I have literally been looking for Prymes for almost two years (somewhat off and on, but still), and in about 24 hours I have not one, but two very solid leads, and it looks like I am going to be able to stock my humi with enough of them to be able to smoke 2 or 3 a year until I die. If I live till I am 70.
    That's so awesome Tony, and I'm soooo jealous! LoL Congrats on the awesome find!
  • Options
    Thanks man, its all due to these wanna-be Boba Fetts though, I am forever grateful.
  • Options
    Well, it is official, Goldy put me in contact with a seller that had more Prymes in stock than I could buy. Un-frikkin-believable, thank you so much Brian, you have no idea how much I appreciate this. That order has been placed. I am also in the process of acquiring a 10 pack of them from a contact Niko hooked me up with. Both of you have more than earned your bounties, I am on cloud 9 right now. My wife on the other hand........not so much.