Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

has anyone ever had the dirty rat???

I want to buy this but they are not for sale anywhere local to me? Also wanted to know has anyone ever had the MOW marduo that comes in the MOW chest???

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I have some dirty rats I can sell ya, how about that? I'll shoot you a pm.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I've never had either of those. And am I right in this, the dirty rat is only the LP9? Where the flying pig is only the T52? Or do both blends come in both sizes?
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I believe the rat is only the No. 9 but the Pig comes in both the t-52 and No. 9.
  • Options
    Right on. I did enjoy the LP9, I believe it was a toro, but I was definitely not wowed by it. The T52, on the other hand, had wow factor in spades, at least for me.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought the Dirty Rat was a smaller version of the T52, using the same blend,
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Pretty sure the Dirty Rat is a blend unto itself.

Some info I pulled up....

According to a quote by Steve Saka:

(The "Dirty Rat" is a) byproduct of a project I was working on with Nicholas to try an recreate that LP #9 flavor in a corona size...which btw we never did get right imo, however while trying to do so Luis (our lead torcedor and gallery supervisor) came up with an amazing blend utilizing the techniques we developed together.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Stalk-Cut Sungrown Connecticut Valley Habano
    Binder: Plantation Grown Brazilian Mata Fina
    Filler: 5 different tobaccos between Honduras & Nicaragua
    Size: 5 Inches (excluding the "rat" tail head)
    Ring Gauge: 44
    Shape: Corona
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I've never had either of those. And am I right in this, the dirty rat is only the LP9? Where the flying pig is only the T52? Or do both blends come in both sizes?
    LP9 has the Flying Pig
    T52 has the Flying Pig
    Dirty Rat is part of the Unico series
  • Options
    Ah, okay. I thought this whole time the Dirty Rat was just a corona sized LP9. Damn, now I want to try one too. Especially with that sungrown conny wrapper.....mmmmmm. Thanks for the info guys.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Learn something new everyday. I do know the Dirty Rat is one of my favorite cigars. Simply delicious.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nikostewart:
    Pretty sure the Dirty Rat is a blend unto itself.

Some info I pulled up....

According to a quote by Steve Saka:

(The "Dirty Rat" is a) byproduct of a project I was working on with Nicholas to try an recreate that LP #9 flavor in a corona size...which btw we never did get right imo, however while trying to do so Luis (our lead torcedor and gallery supervisor) came up with an amazing blend utilizing the techniques we developed together.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Stalk-Cut Sungrown Connecticut Valley Habano
    Binder: Plantation Grown Brazilian Mata Fina
    Filler: 5 different tobaccos between Honduras & Nicaragua
    Size: 5 Inches (excluding the "rat" tail head)
    Ring Gauge: 44
    Shape: Corona
    this is 100% correct.
    there are some elements in there from the lp9 but it is its own blend.

wait till you try the ratzilla (a larger size of this blend).
    im not sure when/if it is being released but i have two in the humidor. i plan on reviewing one soon.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    I was given one and have been holding onto it. Should I just smoke it or let it sit so I can stare at it for a while longer?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bip:
    I was given one and have been holding onto it. Should I just smoke it or let it sit so I can stare at it for a while longer?
    I smoked one with about six months on it and even though I liked it a lot, I expected more from it. Age will improve it greatly. Keep looking at it I would say.
  • Options
    ASHTRAYASHTRAY Posts: 34
    wow thanks! sounds great!!
    my address is:+6
    Brian Sparlin
    505 country Lake Circle
    Goshen, OH 45122
  • Options
    Reply to me via PMs not out here if ya want to deal with me., On the top right, click on Inbox and click my message.
  • Options
    Ratzilla? Lmao, that's so awesome I want a box, just so the word "Ratzilla" can be seen in my humidor.