Home General Discussion
Options

Clicking on the ad--good or bad?

havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
I've been seeing more and more ccom ads on other websites, which will often prompt me to click on it just to check out the DD (if I haven't already). But then it dawned on me that I'm costing the site money by doing this, since I'm already a customer. Should one avoid clicking on a ccom ad, our should one make a point to click on it, so as to show support that those ads are being seen out there?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you click the ad Ccom knows what site referred you to the website. I have a banner up and it does not cost them a thing for mine. They just know that my banner led you to the offer.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    as I understand, they are all different. But there is a big boom in Rev-share advertising meaning, that they post the ad for free on those websites, but the website gets a portion of the revenue of anything you buy after clicking on the ad. These are usually on independent free websites with artist generated content. Soooo, if you feel like supporting the service of both ccom and the website, than the banner is the way to go. If you just happened to see it somewhere and don't care about that sire, then not clicking on it would be best and keep as much money in Tim and Alex's pocket as possible.