Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Track & Field

Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
Well, Here I am in Russelheim, Germany. I am a volunteer track and field coach for our high school team in Hohenfels, Germany. We have qualified the 4x100 relay team, 1600 meter sprint medley relay team, a male discus thrower, a male 100, 400 runner, and a female 1500 and 3000 meter runner for the European Track and Field Championships. Preliminary races start tomorrow and finals will be run on Saturday. I am super excited and nervous about it. I am sure everyone will do the best of their abilities. Hope everyone is doing well back in the states. Go Hohenfels Tigers!!!

Comments

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    That sounds like a great time for you and the kids.

I was a thrower in high school and one day halfway through the season I decided I wanted to try sprinting. I did a warmup sprint and puked my guts out in the middle of the field. Some little *** was making fun of me and when he was headed back to the locker room he was distracted and totally stepped in the puke pile. Instant karma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My daughter just finished her 4th T&F H.S. season. She was a 2 miler and 1 miler. These meets are so fun to watch. Good luck to your kids, your school, and you.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i always loved to run track.
    my biggest problem with that, though was that i am slow.
    oh well... had fun anyway.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    That sounds like a great time for you and the kids.

I was a thrower in high school and one day halfway through the season I decided I wanted to try sprinting. I did a warmup sprint and puked my guts out in the middle of the field. Some little *** was making fun of me and when he was headed back to the locker room he was distracted and totally stepped in the puke pile. Instant karma.
    Karma. It's a ****. We had a great day today. I post stats here in a bit.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i always loved to run track.
    my biggest problem with that, though was that i am slow.
    oh well... had fun anyway.
    That's why most of the team ran. Just for fun. In the process we found some really great talent and now much to their surprise, they met the qualifying times and standards to run at the European Championships.
  • Options
    So after day one, we have had a phenominal day. As a sprint coach, my 4X100 team ran a 44.79 which is the third fastest in Europe so far. They made it to finals which they will run tomorrow. Also broke the school record which has stood since 1998. My 400 meter runner ran a 51.52 (also third in Europe and a new school record). He will run in the finals tomorrow. Our Sprint Medley relay team posted a 3:47.58 (4th fastest and a school record). The team consists of two 200m runners, one 400, and one 800. Our triple jumper got first place overal posting a 43' 9.25" jump which broke the record from 1998. Our freshman discus thrower got 9th and our freshman female 1500 meter runner got 5th breaking her own school record running a 5:06.82. Been a great first day. One more day to go with several finals to go. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Big day today, GO Team..............
  • Options
    Well, the final day is over. Our team got third place overall in our division. That was not expected at all. 4X100 got fourth, Sprint Medley got 5th, 400 runner got third, 3000m runner got 5th, and long jumper got 5th. It was a great day. Thanks for all the support everyone. This was a pretty cool experience for me this year and I hope that when I get back home back in the states I can continue to work with kids and pull the potential out of them.