Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Obama sides with terrorists over Israel.

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
Can you believe that arrogant ***..... What a piece of ***.

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    What happened?
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I diidnt know we had funds to do such things...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Arent alot of the Isreali's terrosists as well? We just feel they are less terrorists than the Palestinians?
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry repubs will get back into office and we'll start trying to world police it the other way, so we can spend double the money on making sure we "spread democracy"
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Fortunately the Israeli's said no way. They would just have to go back in and take it again in a year when they started the rocketing and grenade launching.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    appeasement never works.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    appeasement never works.
    +1 Ask Neville Chamberlain how well that worked out.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    appeasement never works.
    +1 Ask Neville Chamberlain how well that worked out.
    I have come back from Germany and we have declared peace in our time. Wait...why is Hitler invading Poland and the rest of Europe?

Burying our heads in the sand and giving people that want everyone else converted or dead won't make them disappear. It will only result in the loss of your life simply because they hate one thing. Your freedoms.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    You mean he sided with the people who, what, 60 years ago had a bunch of land stolen out from under them, and given to a bunch of people from all over the world, who for the most part were living in Europe up to that point? Yeah, I'd be pissed if I was from Palestine too.

I don't think that the state of Israel shouldn't exist, but frankly, the British mandate was bull-ish, and the United Nations really did things the wrong way all those years ago. If nothing else, Israel should be in the middle of Germany.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    You mean he sided with the people who, what, 60 years ago had a bunch of land stolen out from under them, and given to a bunch of people from all over the world, who for the most part were living in Europe up to that point? Yeah, I'd be pissed if I was from Palestine too.

I don't think that the state of Israel shouldn't exist, but frankly, the British mandate was bull-ish, and the United Nations really did things the wrong way all those years ago. If nothing else, Israel should be in the middle of Germany.
    No, he sided with people who want to kill off and entire race of people simply because they exist. Listen to the Palestinian leaders. They don't talk about chasing the Jews out of their land, they talk about hunting them down and killing every one of them around the globe... That is the kind of people he has aligned himself with. Also the history of the land dispute didn't start 60 years ago... The Jews were ran out of the same land around 600 BC by Nebakanezer, long before anyone had ever heard of Palestine or the Palestinian people.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Listen to the Palestinian leaders. They don't talk about chasing the Jews out of their land, they talk about hunting them down and killing every one of them around the globe...
    this is exactly right. and this is why i say appeasement never works.

• Options
    docbp87:

Cant agree with everything here, but I agree with the premise. How quickly we forget the LONG LONG hx there...and it always seems like we look at this as a good guy vs bad guy thing. Both sides are good and both sides are bad, and while the Palestinians (some) are hell bent on death and destruction---many are not. Additionally, the Isrealis sure seem as steadfast and unable to give even a little so these people may have a home...and many would love the same destruction of Palestine.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    docbp87:
    ...If nothing else, Israel should be in the middle of Germany.
    I'm not sure if your being blatantly anti-semitic or just stupid.
    But this is the single most racist thing I have ever read here.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:
    ...If nothing else, Israel should be in the middle of Germany.
    I'm not sure if your being blatantly anti-semitic or just stupid.
    But this is the single most racist thing I have ever read here.

Wait, what? I was not being serious, but if you know your history, you know that a big part of the reason the UN supported the independence of Israel was to create a home for all of the Jews displaced from Europe in the 30's and 40's, via Nazism. So a bunch of European Jews were homeless because of **** Germany, which is why the UN backed Israel, which is why I (albeit jokingly) said that... Nothing "anti-Semitic" about that at all...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:

No, he sided with people who want to kill off and entire race of people simply because they exist. Listen to the Palestinian leaders. They don't talk about chasing the Jews out of their land, they talk about hunting them down and killing every one of them around the globe... That is the kind of people he has aligned himself with. Also the history of the land dispute didn't start 60 years ago... The Jews were ran out of the same land around 600 BC by Nebakanezer, long before anyone had ever heard of Palestine or the Palestinian people.
    Yeah... Nebuchadnezzar has nothing to do with the Palestinian/Israeli land dispute. The problems between Palestine and Israel that are going on now only go back 100 years or so.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/world/middleeast/20speech.html?_r=2&hp

both sides act like children. They both have been at each others throats for years. I think it's just ridiculous. A reason why having beliefs run a country are a bad thing.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Can you believe that arrogant ***..... What a piece of ***.
    No offense cabby but really? I mean really?....

some history on these two countries.... btw the 1967 resolution was an agreed upon resolution.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/0,,720353,00.html

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:

Typical crap. If you can find ONE palestinian saying that then you turn it into "this is what "THEY believe". In some peoples eyes EVERY Palestinian in the world would have to stand up and declare that they don't want to see the destruction Israel. Even then you would just state I don't believe them. Here we go with the EXTREME views again. This is going to make some interesting if somewhat disturbing reading.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    Listen to the Palestinian leaders. They don't talk about chasing the Jews out of their land, they talk about hunting them down and killing every one of them around the globe...
    this is exactly right. and this is why i say appeasement never works.

I agree with you on this point Kuzi. It hasn't worked for the Israeli's all these years. Again, more EXTREME views from you and Puro. EVERY Palestinian in the world is either a terrorist, a terrorist factory (a woman) or a Terrorist in waiting (children), and the wonderful state of Israel has no blood on their hands, is compasionate and giving society.
    Both of these countries have lots to explain and neither is innocent. There are lessons that can be learned from South Africa here and both of these peoples had better learn them fast. You can hold on to hate for ever but it will do nothing but destroy YOU. Or you can do what was done in South Africa and realize that past attrocities cannot be changed and dwelling on them serves only to prolong them. You must move beyond past history if you hope to develop a future for yourself and your children. Anyone who thinks that the current situation is better then a settlement where both sides feel they come away with something and can live in that new reality is very short sighted.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Netanyahu pretty well told obama to kiss his ass and called his 1967 borders plan unreasonable lol good stuff
  • Options
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:

Typical crap. If you can find ONE palestinian saying that then you turn it into "this is what "THEY believe". In some peoples eyes EVERY Palestinian in the world would have to stand up and declare that they don't want to see the destruction Israel. Even then you would just state I don't believe them. Here we go with the EXTREME views again. This is going to make some interesting if somewhat disturbing reading.
    Do some research Doug. Take a look at the Hamas Charter which calls for the death of ALL Jews and tell me it's ONE Palestinian...

Also nobody here ever said ALL Palestinians want the destruction of the Jews. You assumed that yourself. Nobody here is naive enough to think all Palestinians are terrorists. The fact remains the Palestinian leadership is a terrorist organization.
  • Options
    Puro, it seems that again we are talking about "Hamas" or "Palestinians" as the ENTIRE group in the area making news. I would venture to guess, the majority of these "people" are not for the death of all Jews and would prefer a peaceful solution where they get some land and can live well enough alone. Appeasement is one thing, but refusing any proposition or to even come to the negotiating table with an open mind is quite another. Isreali's seem to quickly forget how it is not to have a country of your own, this is what the Palestinians crave at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Yes, but Hamas is the ruling party of the Palestinian territory. As long as we keep trying to appease their government, we are kowtowing to a regime that is calling for the destruction of Israel and the death of the Jews. I am not and have NEVER said that all Palestinians feel that way. I agree that many probably just want to live their lives without all the insanity over there. But as long as Hamas holds the positions they do about the Jews and are the ruling party, then there will not be any peace.

By the way, I've come to really enjoy discussing sh*t with you. lol You don't seem to get angry or mad like you used to... Are you getting soft in your old age bud? ;)
  • Options
    docbp87:
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:

Yeah... Nebuchadnezzar has nothing to do with the Palestinian/Israeli land dispute. The problems between Palestine and Israel that are going on now only go back 100 years or so.
    I think it has a whole lot to do with the dispute... How you can you say the land was stolen from the Palestinians when it wasn't theirs to begin with?
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Yes, but Hamas is the ruling party of the Palestinian territory. As long as we keep trying to appease their government, we are kowtowing to a regime that is calling for the destruction of Israel and the death of the Jews. I am not and have NEVER said that all Palestinians feel that way. I agree that many probably just want to live their lives without all the insanity over there. But as long as Hamas holds the positions they do about the Jews and are the ruling party, then there will not be any peace.

By the way, I've come to really enjoy discussing sh*t with you. lol You don't seem to get angry or mad like you used to... Are you getting soft in your old age bud? ;)
    My wife has broken me as a man and I have no testicles remaining. lol
  • Options
    ***edit****wrong godd@mn thread
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:

My wife has broken me as a man and I have no testicles remaining. lol
    I knew something was different! I guess I haven't been married long enough for a full repossession. lol
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    You must move beyond past history if you hope to develop a future for yourself and your children. Anyone who thinks that the current situation is better then a settlement where both sides feel they come away with something and can live in that new reality is very short sighted.
    Now wouldn't it be something if people did that? Then what? How could the governments make them fear everything and pay tribute for safety? Never happen!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    laker1963:
    You must move beyond past history if you hope to develop a future for yourself and your children. Anyone who thinks that the current situation is better then a settlement where both sides feel they come away with something and can live in that new reality is very short sighted.
    Now wouldn't it be something if people did that? Then what? How could the governments make them fear everything and pay tribute for safety? Never happen!
    Outlook like that would be what a civilized society might be like. We are far from that.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:
    PuroFreak:
    docbp87:

I think it has a whole lot to do with the dispute... How you can you say the land was stolen from the Palestinians when it wasn't theirs to begin with?

Because Palestine didn't say "Here, take this land, put Israel here." The United Nations, and before that Great Britain said "Here, have Palestine, put Israel there."