Home General Discussion
Options

Which box of Tats?

If you were going to buy a box of your favorite Tats (to celebrate the birth of your first child), which would it be?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Personally I would probably go with either the Reserva SW or the Cabaiguan... Anarchy might be more fitting though when it comes to having your first child! LoL
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    For the birth of a child, I would get a 25 ct. box of the 2009 La Verites. They are meant for aging, and if I was going to buy a box of Tats for the birth of a child, I would get those, and smoke one a year, etc. until the kid was a grown up.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Tat Verocu
  • Options
    docbp87:
    For the birth of a child, I would get a 25 ct. box of the 2009 La Verites. They are meant for aging, and if I was going to buy a box of Tats for the birth of a child, I would get those, and smoke one a year, etc. until the kid was a grown up.
    i think that is a great idea!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Reserva J21 or Anarchy
  • Options
    docbp87:
    I am actually doing pretty much that. Feel free to steal this idea Dow. I have a box of cigars (JDN Antanos) that I got before my first daughter was born. The day she was born, I smoked one out of the box, wrote a note to her, rolled it up and put it in the cellophane, which I then put back in the box. On her first birthday, I pulled the second one out of the box, smoked it, and wrote a note to her, basically recapping the year. I plan to do this every birthday, then when she is 18, I will smoke the 19th cigar out of the box, right my final note to her, and give her the box with all the accumulated notes from the past 18 years. The final cigar will stay in my humidor until she gets married, and it will be my celebration cigar for that.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    I am actually doing pretty much that. Feel free to steal this idea Dow. I have a box of cigars (JDN Antanos) that I got before my first daughter was born. The day she was born, I smoked one out of the box, wrote a note to her, rolled it up and put it in the cellophane, which I then put back in the box. On her first birthday, I pulled the second one out of the box, smoked it, and wrote a note to her, basically recapping the year. I plan to do this every birthday, then when she is 18, I will smoke the 19th cigar out of the box, right my final note to her, and give her the box with all the accumulated notes from the past 18 years. The final cigar will stay in my humidor until she gets married, and it will be my celebration cigar for that.
    I'd go with Cabaigaun or Anarchys. The aging thing is an awesome Idea too. Alien I believe I will have to steal it. Damn now I have to decide what box to use. :S
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    alienmisprint:
    docbp87:
    Wow. Totally sappy Alien. See what little girls do to big guys? LOL I'm jealous.
  • Options
    By all means man, I think it is going to mean the world to my daughter when she gets all these notes from Daddy and she gets to read back through the years. For Cadence, I went with the Antano's because the box is really nice (not normally in my consideration, but since it is going to be a hand-me-down to her, I wanted something she would actually use as a jewlery/trinket box), I believe the cigars will age well and stand up to 18 years of aging, and the name means "old times", and I thought that was pretty appropriate for a gift I am going to give her that chronicles her childhood. I believe I have settled on My Fathers for the new baby, the Cedros Deluxe Cervantes. All the same reasons, except the name thing is a bit more obvious.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    alienmisprint:
    By all means man, I think it is going to mean the world to my daughter when she gets all these notes from Daddy and she gets to read back through the years. For Cadence, I went with the Antano's because the box is really nice (not normally in my consideration, but since it is going to be a hand-me-down to her, I wanted something she would actually use as a jewlery/trinket box), I believe the cigars will age well and stand up to 18 years of aging, and the name means "old times", and I thought that was pretty appropriate for a gift I am going to give her that chronicles her childhood. I believe I have settled on My Fathers for the new baby, the Cedros Deluxe Cervantes. All the same reasons, except the name thing is a bit more obvious.
    Tony that is an awesome idea and Phil did something similar to this with Tat Red Tubos. No notes but smoking on or around his daugthers bday....I am lucky enough that he has included me in this. Which brings me to my question because I have never been married and don't have kids. So you get through all 18 and are saving the 19th for her wedding day. What happens if she waits until she is older to get married or doesn't get married at all? I'm not trying to be an ass but many people are opting for this now. Just curious as to what you would do with it then?
  • Options
    You know, I really haven't givenmuch thought to it. I guess I would smoke it at her next significant life event (college graduation, basic training graduation, etc) or, if she smokes cigars, I would probably just give her that one to smoke on her 18th so we would be smoking the final two together.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    alienmisprint:
    You know, I really haven't givenmuch thought to it. I guess I would smoke it at her next significant life event (college graduation, basic training graduation, etc) or, if she smokes cigars, I would probably just give her that one to smoke on her 18th so we would be smoking the final two together.
    I don't have kids so that's why I asked. I always wondered what life would be like with kids. I think I would be a lot less selfish. Sounds like you have a good backup plan. How quickly I forget all of the significant life events. That is an awesome idea once again.