Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I'M DONE!!!!

okay, since I am being labeled as a "super screamer" i'm done with cigar.com forums! Sorry to put a bad name out here for myself and I did like the nice people I talked with Like Mike who I traded with. But every post I make everyone bashes me!

If you think I should stay and give it more a try or not reply to this!!!

thanks,

ashtray

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    ASHTRAY:
    okay, since I am being labeled as a "super screamer" i'm done with cigar.com forums! Sorry to put a bad name out here for myself and I did like the nice people I talked with Like Mike who I traded with. But every post I make everyone bashes me!

thanks,

ashtray
    I think you should stay but IMO you have not had the best form since coming. With forums like this there are certain ways to interact with the other members, certain ways to do and not to do things. Like it or not its just the way it is on the internet. If somebody enjoys the forum and wants to be active and participate it generally a good idea to respect how the board operates. Thats not to say that people can't be themselves but if you want to be taken seriously on ANY board its a good idea to listen to the advice being given and try and figure out what the board protocol is (not sure if there is a thread with common issues/suggestions on how to start out here, haven't looked). When someone pushes back and won't or doesn't know how to interact with the "feel" of the forum its easy on the internet to be disregarded and ignored by other members, right or wrong its just the way it is. So I suggest you stick around and read, get a feel of the board and what goes on here, ask questions...it really isn't hard to get along here. The board is filled with lots of great members and you would be precluding yourself from a great forum by leaving.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    ASHTRAY:

thanks,

ashtray
    I think you should stay but IMO you have not had the best form since coming. With forums like this there are certain ways to interact with the other members, certain ways to do and not to do things. Like it or not its just the way it is on the internet. If somebody enjoys the forum and wants to be active and participate it generally a good idea to respect how the board operates. Thats not to say that people can't be themselves but if you want to be taken seriously on ANY board its a good idea to listen to the advice being given and try and figure out what the board protocol is (not sure if there is a thread with common issues/suggestions on how to start out here, haven't looked). When someone pushes back and won't or doesn't know how to interact with the "feel" of the forum its easy on the internet to be disregarded and ignored by other members, right or wrong its just the way it is. So I suggest you stick around and read, get a feel of the board and what goes on here, ask questions...it really isn't hard to get along here. The board is filled with lots of great members and you would be precluding yourself from a great forum by leaving.

+1

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Before you go around and start posting that you wanna get bombed and want people to bomb you with super premium sticks, might want to skip bragging that you run a website w/ your bio stating

"When I’m not smoking cigars my favorite hobby is trying to get deals on junk I don’t need and ripping people off. I love being a shyster."

Really doesn't make the greatest impression.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ASHTRAYASHTRAY Posts: 34
    lol! good point. Although I was not the one who said that about myself on the site, it was posted as a joke by another member of crapcigar.com. Damn you long ashes!(lol) look I am on here to talk with others who enkoy smoking stoggies, find new friends and maybe make a few trades. I think everyone has a bad first impression of me.

Anyways thanks for sharing your prespective and by the way I do not run crapcigar.com I just review cigars on it so.....sorry about not knowing the all caps thing.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Stick around. Start a couple threads about things other than "why does everyone hate me?" and "I want _____." People will warm up.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    ASHTRAY:

thanks,

ashtray
    Im a mean man----and an ahole, many here can vouch for that....so here goes

You write all in caps (until now), beg to be bombed (Ive been here for 3 years and was bombed once---have never asked and never will, its called being a mooch and people HATE that), ask for free premium sticks (not that premium should matter, you wouldnt go to your B&M and say, "Ill be taking this one, thanks"), proclaim yourself on othersites as cheap and a scrounge (lack of a better term), try to name drop about your site when it gets tough on you here (thinking it will help garner praise or sympathy), and lastly and MAYBE THE WORST....you tell us youre leaving, but then ask for replies to ask what our opinion is on that (again seemling trying to mooch something, this time support or good feelings from others----likely leading to free sticks).

This was not a personal attack, it was not even meant to be mean spirited----you wanted a reply, I gave you one.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    I'm going to throw in my 2 cents also. I've only been on this site for a couple of months. I've met a lot of cool people and have got a lot of great info off them about cigars I've asked about. I also told you that I'd shoot you a couple of sticks ( which I will). To me, it's all about having a good time, learning and getting some new experiences and chatting it up with some of the people on here. I'm with Vulchor. The first thing that I saw on your post is you stating that you were done and then asking for replies to that. All I have to say is, if you're going to make a decision and put something out there, then you should frickin stick to it. If you're not then don't say it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    ASHTRAY:

thanks,

ashtray
    Im a mean man----and an ahole, many here can vouch for that....so here goes

You write all in caps (until now), beg to be bombed (Ive been here for 3 years and was bombed once---have never asked and never will, its called being a mooch and people HATE that), ask for free premium sticks (not that premium should matter, you wouldnt go to your B&M and say, "Ill be taking this one, thanks"), proclaim yourself on othersites as cheap and a scrounge (lack of a better term), try to name drop about your site when it gets tough on you here (thinking it will help garner praise or sympathy), and lastly and MAYBE THE WORST....you tell us youre leaving, but then ask for replies to ask what our opinion is on that (again seemling trying to mooch something, this time support or good feelings from others----likely leading to free sticks).

This was not a personal attack, it was not even meant to be mean spirited----you wanted a reply, I gave you one.
    +1. I'm over it, stay or go Ash, I don't give a $hit, just know I won't be bombing you or trading with you. And I don't care if you didn't write that BIO on the other site, it's written in 1st person...and seems to describe you to the letter.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    +1. All i will say is this......bye ashtray.
  • Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Valla con Dios Ashtray.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Via con Pollos Ashtray.
    +1
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    arrivederci
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Well all I will say is I had a good trade with you Brian. I got a couple sticks in that trade that I ended up ordering more of. Stay or go is your call but if you want to trade again in the future PM me
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    I have not responded to any of your postings ashtray, because you were getting beat in the head pretty hard anyway. But when my daughter acts the way you do...I spank her. I'm just saying.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    adros:
    I have not responded to any of your postings ashtray, because you were getting beat in the head pretty hard anyway. But when my daughter acts the way you do...I spank her. I'm just saying.
    Lmao...nice.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    +1 to going. No offense, but I just get the impression of a kid who should hvae taken ritalin for ADHD but didn't. So everything is about the "HEY LOOK AT ME GIVE ME SOME ATTENTIONS BECAUSE I"M BEING OBNOXIOUS". I would prefer not to have that kind of person on these boards.
  • Options
    lol, i've seen people post that they're leaving a bulletin board, then decide to come back due to the number of people that said "don't go!". I've never seen someone post that they're leaving a bulletin board, then say "if you think I should stay..reply to this!" I haven't followed your threads, but in my limited viewings it seems like you're just looking for attention.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    By the way, why is this in the trades section?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Maybe because some people want to trade him for a new member?? lol
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Maybe because some people want to trade him for a new member?? lol
    Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    BYE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Not here to hate on you Ashtray but I would like to offer some advice.

My personal belief is that you get out of something what you put into it. This applies for pretty much everything in life. Whether you stay or go is really up to you. So, if you want to be bombed, bomb someone. If you want to trade, do a trade and give extra sticks. You have to build a rep first. Good luck to you no matter what you decide.
  • Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    One last thing. I deeply apologize for ASHTRAY's actions on here and it in no way resembles me, the other crap cigar crew, or the site itself. This is something he's going to need to work on and hopefully this experience (unfortunate to all of you) will help him learn how to treat people the right way.

I assure you he won't be back on the forums and I also regret to inform everyone that I am no longer including him on our reviews on the site (except for one last review next week which I have stock piled). I had a talk with him and I feel it's within my best interest and everyone at Crap Cigar's best interest to just cut ties with him from a cigar review standpoint. He's still my brother in law and friend even though I'm pretty pis*ed at him right now. As you can see from the About the Smokers Page I have removed his bio from the page. Nubs, Punch, and myself will continue to do reviews on sh*ty cigars in search of the diamond in the rough as well as beer reviews and the new game reviews coming out soon. I may also be on the look out for a new crap cigar reviewer if anyone is interested. It doesn't have to be local as long as you have skype and a webcam. You can contact me at crapcigar@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks.
  • Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Dueces!!!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Its' a shame that this has affected other people. Long_Ashes, sorry to hear this hit you.
    The way I see it is this. This forum is policed by its' members, the longtime ones in particular. I would have it no other way.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I wish my body could self heal the way this forums does...