Home General Discussion

Fathers Day

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
With Fathers Day comming up, do you remember if Ccom had a deal for us dads? If so what was it, and what would you like to see this year.

I'm a new dad so I was wondering
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    There's usually a whole bunch of them. Everything from budget sticks to super premiums. There's also a named Fathers day sampler that is pretty competitive. It's been different each year. At least in past years there was. I assume this year will be no different. AJ has a bunch of new stuff coming out around then I think. Alex started a thread about it. It's around here somewhere.

As far as deals I'd like to see, I'd love to see some non internet pricing on Opus X. Like what they did with the Anejo last Christmas.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a deal on boxes of the My Father lines......I mean, our name is on the cigar.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I second the my father deal, since I have a 6 month old son now and I would love to buy a box, smoke 1 every year until hes 18, then pull out the last 2 on his 18th birthday and smoke them.

On an unrelated note, I love the Dark Tower Series Roland, one of my favorite series of books ever. I think if I could only see one more good book made into a move in my lifetime, It HAS to be Dark Tower books before I die. Like 3 movies would be awesome by whoever did Lord Of The Rings.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lmao, I was like, "Why the hell is Blurr bringin up DT?" Scrolled up to Roland's avatar, ah, gotcha.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I'v never had a My Father cigar, but it sounds good.

Blurr, check out the "For all you Tower Junkies" thread in the non-cigar related forum.
    One God, One Truth
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Waiting for the Anejo stock.....
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Here's a question for you. What would you do had if you had your fathers day gift picked out from Ccom and suddenly your state slapped a Trade Embargo on you which has kind of eliminated the chance of getting cigars as a gift ? Now I'm all confused. I'm thinking liquor for the man cave, maybe.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    amz1301:
    Here's a question for you. What would you do had if you had your fathers day gift picked out from Ccom and suddenly your state slapped a Trade Embargo on you which has kind of eliminated the chance of getting cigars as a gift ? Now I'm all confused. I'm thinking liquor for the man cave, maybe.
    I would have them shipped to a BOTL in texas, that would be more than happy to send them back out to you, thus avoiding the problem all together. PM me if this sounds good.

For the fathers day deal, I would like to see anejos...
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Although I'll be celebrating a "Not That I Know Of" version of Father's Day, I'll be raising my glass and lighting up a good one with ya'll.
    Light 'em up.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    blurr:
    I second the my father deal, since I have a 6 month old son now and I would love to buy a box, smoke 1 every year until hes 18, then pull out the last 2 on his 18th birthday and smoke them.

On an unrelated note, I love the Dark Tower Series Roland, one of my favorite series of books ever. I think if I could only see one more good book made into a move in my lifetime, It HAS to be Dark Tower books before I die. Like 3 movies would be awesome by whoever did Lord Of The Rings.
    +1, I'd buy one
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Diamondog:
    Waiting for the Anejo stock.....
    +1
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    JCizzle:
    Although I'll be celebrating a "Not That I Know Of" version of Father's Day, I'll be raising my glass and lighting up a good one with ya'll.

Hahahahaha, I'll light up to that one as well. And for my father of course, for being stubborn enough to put up with me for the past 22 years.