Home General Discussion

Corona Recommendations

edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
I'm looking to try then possibly purchase a box of some good Coronas. Which cigars do you guys recommend? I'm more of a full body smoker. Some of the cigars i love that are in my regular rotations are LFD Airbenders, MOW Ruination, Diesel Shorty, and Oliva V. I've had the MOW Puro Authentico and enjoyed them but i'm looking for other options. Thanks.....

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Good luck finding a box, but my favorite corona right now by far is the LP Dirty Rat
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    you can email or call CCOM and see if the they still have a few of the AJ corona samplers, Tim told me about 3 weeks ago they still had some.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    you can email or call CCOM and see if the they still have a few of the AJ corona samplers, Tim told me about 3 weeks ago they still had some.
    Oooooo good call!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Great idea..... I will do this.... But if anyone has any other recommendations I'm still willing to hear them out....
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just posted a review of the Illusione ~mk~, petite corona. Amazing smoke!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    MOW original is available in boxes of coronas, very tasty.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Is have to suggest the Cain Daytona corona. Fantastic cigar!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    JDN Antano Dark Corojo Peligroso...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Is have to suggest the Cain Daytona corona. Fantastic cigar!

docbp87:

Hays:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Oooooo good call!

+1 to all those, especially the Cain Daytona. If you want a cheaper alternative, I think very highly of the La Vieja Habana Corojo or Cameroon, both excellent smokes IMO, although they are short filler. All in all though, my absolute favorite cigar in a corona size would be the AF Don Carlos #4.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Ooooo +1 to this one!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Sounds dangerous...ba dum ch!
    Light 'em up.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    docbp87:
    +1
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Also the Tatuaje Noella is probably my favorite of the brown labels.
  • Padron Londres. It might be a tad longer than other corona's (5.5 X 42), but it's tasty and it's priced right.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Tat Noella is one I will second. I will also through out the Ave Maria and the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4. Padilla Miami Corona is nice too.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:

I absolutely love these.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    One of my favorites in the corona category is the Cabaiguan Corona Extra.
    Diamondog:
    I just researched this cigar and it sounds like my type of cigar... I'm going to try to get a hold of one...
  • Hays:
    Good luck finding a box, but my favorite corona right now by far is the LP Dirty Rat
    would totally agree love this stick, hope to be able to pick up another box only have 4 left
    I've been emailing Tim and in the process of ordering the AJ Corona Sampler which seems like a good mix of cigars. I've had most of them in differant vitolas but it's exciting to see how they are as a corona. I'm also going to get the JDN Antona you guys recommended as well.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    +1 on the Dark Corojo. I think you'll like it. I have a full box of them aging after trying a few at the end of last year. I think they will only get better with age, wouldn't hurt to lose a little firepower.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    thats a good cigar. i need to smoke one soon.
    Alex Svenson:
    Tat Noella is one I will second.
    ill third that even.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    jj20030:
    Man this forum has some serious pull! LOL.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    A no brainer. picked up 2.
    t_evan50:
    jj20030:
    Man this forum has some serious pull! LOL.
    Yes it does... As soon as i placed my order with Tim this email was sent out to everyone for the same deal on the coronas... Gotta love CCOM...